*Author

Offline godmatrixTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • godmatrix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • thanks and virtual cookies to all who give rep.
Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061495#msg1061495
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:53:58 am »
NAME:
Forest Wall
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Summon 6 Shields that absorb effects from non-physical sources. Gain 2 shields when a creature is spawned.
NAME:
Forest Wall
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
4 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Summon 6 Shields that absorb effects from non-physical sources. Gain 2 shields when a creature is spawned.

ART:
author=anitab0000, http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1416578
IDEA:
godmatrix(me) and Annele(for finding picture)
NOTES:
This card will act like a bonewall which will negate any spell for one "X", as well as effects that are done by permanents, e.g. catapult, damage from weapon, etc. It also acts as a bonewall against creatures that do spell damage. The effects must be done by your opponent to you and creature skills cannot be negated as well as their normal damage. Creatures "spawned" via skills, or other methods excluding the playing of creatures, may only be counted towards the +2 extra counters, any creatures played are discounted. Also thinking: Should I keep 5-4 cost or make it 5-6 and make the upped version give 3 counters hmm. Unfortunately this card won't negate spells that are reflected because decks that make use of this card are usually decks that try making swarms of creatures, which SoWflective already has trouble going up against.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:12:45 am by godmatrix »

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061501#msg1061501
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:05:09 am »
Hm... non physical sources...  More ways to stop spell that aren't just Reflective.

Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061503#msg1061503
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:08:32 am »
Yup, but it acts like that to every spell, even ones that can't be reflected.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061504#msg1061504
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:15:59 am »
Does this mean you cannot heal while it's equipped?
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061507#msg1061507
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:20:18 am »
No, you can use whatever spell you want, it's only going to negate effects the opponent uses against you.

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061514#msg1061514
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:50:40 am »
Yay, you posted it!

ONe thing I forgot to ask - does it include playing creatures from the hand?
Beware the Darkness.

Offline zdeev

• Reputation Power: 1
  • zdeev is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • G'day mate
Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061554#msg1061554
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:04 am »
Like an inverted bonewall. What a cool idea! I would also be interested to know if it spawns walls for creatures played from the hand. Also, I assume this is not using a shield slot?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish...and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061556#msg1061556
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »
Yay, you posted it!

ONe thing I forgot to ask - does it include playing creatures from the hand?

No, that's why I chose the word "spawned' because I don't think it should, otherwise this card is very powerful(Fractal?) but that doesn't leave  many options for this card. Furthermore, I think that the options available for making creatures (via skills) can be enough to make this card balanced, and being the third shield for life, I wanted it to share a theme with light and it's Hope where Hope doesn't have many means to be useful.

Like an inverted bonewall. What a cool idea! I would also be interested to know if it spawns walls for creatures played from the hand. Also, I assume this is not using a shield slot?

It will take up the shield slot, however, it will have the same "X"s that bonewalls have, or maybe have them on the opposite side to add to the theme that it's like an inverted bonewall.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:11:26 pm by godmatrix »

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061557#msg1061557
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »
How is this anytime better than Emerald Shield, I see it way better even comparing it to the upped version.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061559#msg1061559
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »
How is this anytime better than Emerald Shield, I see it way better even comparing it to the upped version.

Because it can negate more things. See, it would totally ruin the use of permanents as well as spells that slip through Emerald shield, like poison and black hole, and I stated before, catapult. It can also stall against Psions, as well as other creatures that do spell damage if enough creatures could be spawned.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:39:27 pm by godmatrix »

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061568#msg1061568
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »
Really interesting idea, good job. However, for the few things more it stops than Emerald Shield, and because it doesn't reflect, maybe it could use a cost decrease of 1ish (4/3 seems too low for it) to make it 5/4
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

Re: Forest Wall | Forest Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48612.msg1061570#msg1061570
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »
Really interesting idea, good job. However, for the few things more it stops than Emerald Shield, and because it doesn't reflect, maybe it could use a cost decrease of 1ish (4/3 seems too low for it) to make it 5/4

Hmm...I was pondering on a decrease too, and I think I came to terms that 6/5 is a tad too much, so I agree with the change. Furthermore, there is a limit on how many creatures could be on the field at one time, and one does not simply make room for more (unless we are talking about scarabs, but still, it's only just a bit more).

anything
blarg: