*Author

Offline kirbylover314Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177467#msg1177467
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 02:16:25 am »
Fog won't stack with Dusk, right? Also, i can Durability shields that have already been durabilitied?

Correct, so no 90% evade shields. For now, you can Durability shields already durabilitied, unless it's OP. (I'm leaving this for discussion)

EDIT: Forgot a word, included it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am by kirbylover314 »

Offline iDaire

• iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177472#msg1177472
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 02:53:22 am »
I see some problems here.

For starters, as soon as I saw the effect of this card, immediately I started to think that there has to be an OP combo with this card. Sure enough, I found the most the most powerful shields you can use with this card, which would be Titanium Shield / Diamond Shield | Spine Carapace / Thorn Carapace | Procrastination / Turtle Shield. These would be the most powerful components since they add hit deduction and creature control. Of course some of you may be thinking that shields such as Bone Wall and Dimensional Shield could work. They won't for the simple fact Dimensional Shield will cause any effects of the secondary shield not to take effect (except for reflective shields) and Bone Wall isn't that powerful and would only add seven free hits. Of course when combined with shields like Procrastination, Bone Wall could be effective.

So, I think I may have found some combos that just stand out.

Fire Wall + Spine Carapace
I found this to be a powerful combo created with this spell because it is basically a damage combo and acts as mass CC for most of the creatures attacking. While each creature that attacks receives one damage deduction to their health, they also run the risk of being poisoned, which in addition to the one damage each turn, can kill creatures rather fastly and take down big creatures such as Dragons in a couple of turns. This makes one more synergy for Life and Fire.
The thing with this combo, and most combos here will be that these combos are expensive and will probably take a while to pull off.

Diamond Shield + Dusk Mantle / Fog Shield
Diamond Shield is already in the same element as this spell card. It wouldn't be that much of a hassle to build a deck that would incorporate either Dusk Mantleor Fog Shield. This is rrather obvious. In addition to the massive damage deduction, the enemy also runs the chance of missing each of their attacks. This is a powerful combo, since adding a chance to miss to an already powerful shield would basically make most attacks useless.

Turtle Shield + Permafrost Shield
I don't think this is much of a powerful combo, but just think about it. Every time the creature hits you, they are automatically delayed plus what of they had a chance of, instead of being delayed, to be frozen instead? This just stands out to me.

I also found some pretty crappy combos.

Dimensional Shield + Any Non-Reflective Shield
Dimensional Shield's effect will cause all physical attacks to miss. So combining it with any shield that isn't Jade Shield or Mirror Shield is pretty pointless.

Jade Shield + Mirror Shield | Shield (Other) + Diamond Shield | Dusk Mantle + Fog Shield
I'm thinking if this card were to actually be added, then these combos wouldn't stack since the most latter would basically be a permanent Dimensional Shield.
If not, have fun wrecking the meta.

Solar Shield + Dissipation Shield
Sure, you are most likely using the effects of Solar Shield to power the effects of Dissipation Shield, but if you are actually trying to use your Light quanta to summon creatures, then you would find it to be very unfortunate as this combination of shields eats up all of your Light quanta. That would be a mistake along the lines of playing Shard of Sacrifice, then playing Miracle

Of course I could be wrong on most of these. Though, a couple of questions I have:

Which shields are prioritzed over others?
Say I have two shields. Which effect is used over the other? Those this won't matter most of the time, it's nice to know the order of things.

Since the next shield takes the effects of the previous shield, can a shield take the effect of a hybrid shield?
Say I already have a shield with the effects of two. Can I use the spell again to create a shield with three effects?

Does immaterialism transfer as well?
If a shield is immaterial, would that transfer?

If the shield is stolen, do the additional effects transfer with it or does it go back to it's original state?
Self-explanatory.

Overall, I think this card is a good card and I would like to see it implemented into EtG. I say that for a lot of cards but I'm pretty sure this card hasn't been made before and is an original idea. I do get bothered about the fact the first shield I play just vanishes without any effect when I play the second and thus card would be my cure for that. Excellent job.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177473#msg1177473
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 03:19:07 am »
Immaterialism transfers over, but any shield with a timer on it (wings and dim) is prioritized so youd have a permanent dim shield, which then would only be a jade or mirror after 3 turns. Much better to use dim shield and enchant artifact, horrible combo

Turtle shield and permafrost is a horrible combo as well, since the delay and frozen are different things they dont stack (go ahead and test out wardens with artic squids in trainer) and if something doesnt get frozen, sure itll get delayed but then cant get frozen for another turn.

Solar shield and disspation field would be cool in a rainbow deck, throw in aflatoxin.

A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

• kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177474#msg1177474
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 03:24:06 am »
I see some problems here.

For starters, as soon as I saw the effect of this card, immediately I started to think that there has to be an OP combo with this card. Sure enough, I found the most the most powerful shields you can use with this card, which would be Titanium Shield / Diamond Shield | Spine Carapace / Thorn Carapace | Procrastination / Turtle Shield. These would be the most powerful components since they add hit deduction and creature control. Of course some of you may be thinking that shields such as Bone Wall and Dimensional Shield could work. They won't for the simple fact Dimensional Shield will cause any effects of the secondary shield not to take effect (except for reflective shields) and Bone Wall isn't that powerful and would only add seven free hits. Of course when combined with shields like Procrastination, Bone Wall could be effective.

So, I think I may have found some combos that just stand out.

Fire Wall + Spine Carapace
I found this to be a powerful combo created with this spell because it is basically a damage combo and acts as mass CC for most of the creatures attacking. While each creature that attacks receives one damage deduction to their health, they also run the risk of being poisoned, which in addition to the one damage each turn, can kill creatures rather fastly and take down big creatures such as Dragons in a couple of turns. This makes one more synergy for Life and Fire.
The thing with this combo, and most combos here will be that these combos are expensive and will probably take a while to pull off.

The problem is, these are both "effect" shields, so their effects don't stack.

Diamond Shield + Dusk Mantle / Fog Shield
Diamond Shield is already in the same element as this spell card. It wouldn't be that much of a hassle to build a deck that would incorporate either Dusk Mantleor Fog Shield. This is rrather obvious. In addition to the massive damage deduction, the enemy also runs the chance of missing each of their attacks. This is a powerful combo, since adding a chance to miss to an already powerful shield would basically make most attacks useless.

I agree with you on this one. Would changing element help?

Turtle Shield + Permafrost Shield
I don't think this is much of a powerful combo, but just think about it. Every time the creature hits you, they are automatically delayed plus what of they had a chance of, instead of being delayed, to be frozen instead? This just stands out to me.

Again, these are both "effect" shields, so their effects don't stack.

I also found some pretty crappy combos.

Dimensional Shield + Any Non-Reflective Shield
Dimensional Shield's effect will cause all physical attacks to miss. So combining it with any shield that isn't Jade Shield or Mirror Shield is pretty pointless.

Also, the counter part of the shield eventually disappears.

Jade Shield + Mirror Shield | Shield (Other) + Diamond Shield | Dusk Mantle + Fog Shield
I'm thinking if this card were to actually be added, then these combos wouldn't stack since the most latter would basically be a permanent Dimensional Shield.
If not, have fun wrecking the meta.

These are all like "types", so none of these would actually stack.

Solar Shield + Dissipation Shield
Sure, you are most likely using the effects of Solar Shield to power the effects of Dissipation Shield, but if you are actually trying to use your Light quanta to summon creatures, then you would find it to be very unfortunate as this combination of shields eats up all of your Light quanta. That would be a mistake along the lines of playing Shard of Sacrifice, then playing Miracle

Of course I could be wrong on most of these. Though, a couple of questions I have:

Which shields are prioritzed over others?
Say I have two shields. Which effect is used over the other? Those this won't matter most of the time, it's nice to know the order of things.

I would go with the second shield's effect being added to the first. Also, if this card really does get added, I think a "token" card like shard golem could be made with undefined stats.

Since the next shield takes the effects of the previous shield, can a shield take the effect of a hybrid shield?
Say I already have a shield with the effects of two. Can I use the spell again to create a shield with three effects?

I'm not sure about this one. Earlier, I left it open for discussion.

Does immaterialism transfer as well?
If a shield is immaterial, would that transfer?

Yes it would, along with reflective.

If the shield is stolen, do the additional effects transfer with it or does it go back to it's original state?
Self-explanatory.

Additional effects transfer. Also, with Steal, playing a shield, then Durability, then stealing opponent's shield gives the same effect as if you played a shield from hand.

Overall, I think this card is a good card and I would like to see it implemented into EtG. I say that for a lot of cards but I'm pretty sure this card hasn't been made before and is an original idea. I do get bothered about the fact the first shield I play just vanishes without any effect when I play the second and thus card would be my cure for that. Excellent job.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:26:41 am by kirbylover314 »

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177561#msg1177561
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:51 am »
I think I saw a card similar to this one. It changed your weapon slot into a shield slot so you could have two shields.
Otherwise, I like this card :)
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177582#msg1177582
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 02:13:39 am »
I'll like two things to be discussed for balancing purposes:
  • Should shields that are already "durabilitied" be allowed to be "durabilitied" again? (In other words, can I use this card on the same shield twice?)
  • Should the cost be lowered? Right now, I'm leaning towards a -1 cost.

Offline CrockettRocket

• CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177590#msg1177590
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:08 am »
1. No
2. No.
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177593#msg1177593
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 02:50:02 am »
This is the best dual shield idea that I have seen so far in the forum (and I have always been a lurker of CIA). I would make it 4/3 cost so it can be casted upped with a pair of SNs and unupped with something viable.

DR + DR = more DR
DR + special effect = add DR and special effect
special + special = cast both specials. The logical order of the casting should be the first shield's effect first.
Stack + stack = add stacks & increment shield's stack with both counters (i.e. Bone Wall + Time Barrier increments 2 per death and 1 per draw)
Timers remain, so dim shield + bone wall dies in 3 turns no matter the stacks
Miss chance should be recalculated to prevent Mantle x2 abuse. Maybe the same as the Chimera formula so it doesn't reach 100%? That's ((A+B + 300)^-1 + 100^-1)^-1, where A and B are the miss chance of the shields. The 300 is an arbitrary number so that 2 Mantles get 75%  chance of missing, it's balanceble.

Useful for:
Fog + bone Wall = 40% chance of removing a stack, same for Fog + time barrier
Fog + specials: 40% chance of hitting. If hit, the special effect is casted.
Special + fog: Special is casted and there's 40% chance of missing
Carpace + DR
etc + etc
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline CrockettRocket

Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177601#msg1177601
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 03:00:17 am »
Carapace+DR isnt all that great sometimes, because Arctic Squid.

Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177614#msg1177614
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 03:26:17 am »
This is the best dual shield idea that I have seen so far in the forum (and I have always been a lurker of CIA). I would make it 4/3 cost so it can be casted upped with a pair of SNs and unupped with something viable.
Alright, I guess enough people want a lower cost, doing that now.
DR + DR = more DR
To prevent shields pretty much blocking everything, DR doesn't stack. See notes.
DR + special effect = add DR and special effect
special + special = cast both specials. The logical order of the casting should be the first shield's effect first.
To prevent shields killing pretty much everything, effects don't stack. Again, see notes.
Stack + stack = add stacks & increment shield's stack with both counters (i.e. Bone Wall + Time Barrier increments 2 per death and 1 per draw)
To prevent shields blocking pretty much everything, absorption doesn't stack.
Timers remain, so dim shield + bone wall dies in 3 turns no matter the stacks
I would go with a shield that blocks physical attacks for three turns. After this is gone, it remains a bone wall. Note the fact that it can still gain counters from killing during the 3 turns of evasion from physical attacks.
Miss chance should be recalculated to prevent Mantle x2 abuse. Maybe the same as the Chimera formula so it doesn't reach 100%? That's ((A+B + 300)^-1 + 100^-1)^-1, where A and B are the miss chance of the shields. The 300 is an arbitrary number so that 2 Mantles get 75%  chance of missing, it's balanceble.
To prevent shields blocking pretty much everything, evasion doesn't stack.

Useful for:
Fog + bone Wall = 40% chance of removing a stack, same for Fog + time barrier
Fog + specials: 40% chance of hitting. If hit, the special effect is casted.
Special + fog: Special is casted and there's 40% chance of missing
Carpace + DR
etc + etc

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177675#msg1177675
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:28:10 am »
We already have a shield that blocks more than 'pretty much everything' :P. If you can't get past a shield that blocks almost everything, then you're finished with or without this card. Also your making an expensive, 3 or more card combo that could go up in deflagration at any second. Not to mention, if your opponent stole this from you you would be royally screwed. And, even if you used EA, it's still vulnerable to momentum and possibly spell damage.
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline CrockettRocket

Re: Durability | Durability https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57463.msg1177689#msg1177689
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 12:44:50 pm »
Dont forget the immaterialism from jade, mirror, or hope

blarg: