*Author

Offline SolarisTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218491#msg1218491
« on: December 21, 2015, 06:39:46 pm »
NAME:
Dreadsteed
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
3 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
On death, respawns with one less HP.  When Dreadsteed dies with 1 HP left, dies permanently.
NAME:
Dreadsteed
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
3 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 4
TEXT:
On death, respawns with one less HP.  When Dreadsteed dies with 1 HP left, dies permanently.

ART:
Khaleesi http://elementscommunity.org/forum/card-art/khaleesi's-art-for-possible-cards/msg1218489/#msg1218489
IDEA:
MeowMeowCat
NOTES:
In-element somewhat death trigger for Death. Numbers might need to be tweaked, but otherwise, should be pretty self explanatory. Inspiration drawn from the Hearthstone card of the same name.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:45:00 pm by MeowMeowCat »

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218497#msg1218497
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:40 pm »
I like this card. Though it's rather powerful with fractal.

Clever cat ;>
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218498#msg1218498
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »

Clever cat ;>
Thanks!

For clarity, Dreadsteed spawns with one less MAX HP, not just regular HP.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218499#msg1218499
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 07:32:01 pm »

Clever cat ;>
Thanks!

For clarity, Dreadsteed spawns with one less MAX HP, not just regular HP.

Makes sense, well done :)
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218502#msg1218502
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 07:42:33 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT

Please include a direct link for the art source.

Added!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:50:13 pm by Hyroen »
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218512#msg1218512
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:24:50 pm »
What you're telling me is that I have to waste 3 cards worth of creature control to completely annihilate this creature or drop its HP to 1 before I kill it, which is almost impossible if I'm not running poison or dry spell? Broken. Especially with six of the same creature.

Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218513#msg1218513
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:27:51 pm »
What you're telling me is that I have to waste 3 cards worth of creature control to completely annihilate this creature or drop its HP to 1 before I kill it, which is almost impossible if I'm not running poison or dry spell? Broken. Especially with six of the same creature.
Phoenix isn't much better, you know.

Offline iDaire

• iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218515#msg1218515
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 11:30:16 pm »
Phoenix isn't much better, you know.
Yeah, but this respawns instantly and doesn't take any quanta to do so.

Offline kirbylover314

• kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218518#msg1218518
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 11:31:43 pm »
Remind me why you'd want to kill it?

Honestly I think it's stats are low enough, so its ability isn't that bad.

Offline iDaire

• Fire Emblem God
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218519#msg1218519
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 11:34:20 pm »

If the stats are low, why would I use it in the first place? It's very likely that people are going to buff this with Shard of Patience, Blessing, or Chaos Seed and utilize it that way due to its skill. Parallel Universe doesn't make any of the three buffs I've stated much better.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218529#msg1218529
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 12:21:19 am »
Immortal trades with infinite lightnings what's up with that?

edit: went back to link to Black Cat, apparently 1 mana 3|1 that dies 9 times is totally balanced
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:33:48 am by serprex »

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dreadsteed | Dreadsteed https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60805.msg1218531#msg1218531
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 12:31:23 am »

If the stats are low, why would I use it in the first place? It's very likely that people are going to buff this with Shard of Patience, Blessing, or Chaos Seed and utilize it that way due to its skill. Parallel Universe doesn't make any of the three buffs I've stated much better.

Well if you buff it like that, then hard CC wouldn't work well anyways even without the ability. It would be like most other creatures and be vulnerable to RT at that point.

Honestly, I think the card is more interesting as a source for death effects, although not so sure about how reliable/effective it would be.

Also, if you were to raise the max HP (through buffs like Blessing), would it respawn with -1 from that new max HP or from the original max HP?
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

blarg: