Poll

What should be done regarding the previous CDC awards?

All CDC awards should be removed. Future awards should be given according to current system.
All awards but 1st place should be removed. Future awards should be given according to current system.
All awards but 1st and 2nd place should be removed. Future awards should be given according to current system.
All awards should be replaced by the current CDC award. Future awards should be given according to current system.
Other (please explain in S&F)

*Author

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220160#msg1220160
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 01:23:26 am »
Please post any questions or comments about the CIA here!
Tell me about Bane. Why does he wear the mask?
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220252#msg1220252
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 12:37:32 am »
The Cia seems to add up quickly. Only after 8 months the armory got 4 pages and over 100 cards . We need to come up with a way to solve this problem cause if Zanz would come back it's better to have a top 30 than top 200 etc. I recommend you to add another level to the Cia and start adding cards there!

I also think you should take some of the archieved cards from the armory and give them a second chance to go to the next level.

The speed will be taken care of by reducing amount of LCC cards accepted at a time (when the CIA is back in business of course). And IIRC, Higu is against adding another level simply because of forum space.

As far as archived cards, they do have a chance. If you notice any of the cards in the system that have a Legacy tag on them, they are ones that have been resubmitted to the LCC.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220286#msg1220286
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 05:36:43 pm »
The Cia seems to add up quickly. Only after 8 months the armory got 4 pages and over 100 cards . We need to come up with a way to solve this problem cause if Zanz would come back it's better to have a top 30 than top 200 etc. I recommend you to add another level to the Cia and start adding cards there!

I also think you should take some of the archieved cards from the armory and give them a second chance to go to the next level.

The speed will be taken care of by reducing amount of LCC cards accepted at a time (when the CIA is back in business of course).K that's good And IIRC, Higu is against adding another level simply because of forum space.Forum space? it would just be 1 more thing. And even if the speed is slowing down I think that the highest level shouldn't have more than 50 cards at a time. like 4 from each element.

As far as archived cards, they do have a chance. If you notice any of the cards in the system that have a Legacy tag on them, they are ones that have been resubmitted to the LCC.K Good!
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220289#msg1220289
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »
If we're concerned about forum space, maybe posts in the CI&A board that have been around for more than X months without being moved upwards to Crucible (and contain the "|" symbol in the title) should be permanently deleted?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:01:55 pm by CleanOnion »

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220300#msg1220300
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 07:24:25 pm »
If we're concerned about forum space, maybe posts in the CI&A board that have been around for more than X months without being moved upwards to Crucible (and contain the "|" symbol in the title) should be permanently deleted?

Why?  I mean, posts and topics themselves don't take much room, and the images are all hosted elsewhere.
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220303#msg1220303
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 07:37:00 pm »

To keep track of every thread that's been around for >X amount of time might be quite the challenge indeed.

Aside, past ideas help newer Card Designers to be informed of how far we've come in terms of design, and what's been attempted; they help scaffold newer ideas.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: CI&A Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1221012#msg1221012
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
Advertising LCC more should be prioritized. There's currently 2 posts in there, and the last one was made November 16th, 2015.

EDIT: Also, where did the Quickdraw thread go? There were tons of ideas in there, ripe to be posted, and I can't seem to find it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:28:20 pm by MeowMeowCat »

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
Re: CI&A Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1221018#msg1221018
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »
Advertising LCC more should be prioritized. There's currently 2 posts in there, and the last one was made November 16th, 2015.

EDIT: Also, where did the Quickdraw thread go? There were tons of ideas in there, ripe to be posted, and I can't seem to find it.

At the moment, the CIA is at a pause due to the staffing issue (right now, of the five CCs, only two have extensive experience using the current system and they are currently inactive; another one is mainly a programmer for Cygnia; the other two are - as of right now - new to this system). IIRC though, I think UTA is making a program to automatically work the levels system, which should lower the workload by a lot. But yes, once it starts, promoting LCC would be nice. Then again, a current goal is to slow the stream of cards making it into the Armory, but that's beside the point.

Quickdraw is currently in the Exhibition Hall.
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Solaris

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: CI&A Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1221020#msg1221020
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:05 pm »

At the moment, the CIA is at a pause due to the staffing issue (right now, of the five CCs, only two have extensive experience using the current system and they are currently inactive; another one is mainly a programmer for Cygnia; the other two are - as of right now - new to this system). IIRC though, I think UTA is making a program to automatically work the levels system, which should lower the workload by a lot. But yes, once it starts, promoting LCC would be nice. Then again, a current goal is to slow the stream of cards making it into the Armory, but that's beside the point.

Chunking this up a bit.

At the moment, the CIA is at a pause due to the staffing issue (right now, of the five CCs, only two have extensive experience using the current system and they are currently inactive;
Then, the likely option here is to remove the inactive CCs, hire new ones to replace them, and get it working ASAP, because ATM, it's just dead weight.

another one is mainly a programmer for Cygnia; the other two are - as of right now - new to this system
They really aren't that new to have being new as an excuse to not have CIA have all cylinders firing.

IIRC though, I think UTA is making a program to automatically work the levels system
Cool. UTAlan is awesome, we should praise him. This might remove the need for 5 CC's, as well.

But yes, once it starts, promoting LCC would be nice
Advertising is nice. Should be done more often. I know that people, myself included, tend to be forgetful, and if you don't regularly post in CIA, LCC can be forgotten. I, as a Tournament Organizer is, know how vital it is to advertise tourneys in Chat. I think it's improved the numbers per tourney, as did the reward changes, but that's not about CIA.

Then again, a current goal is to slow the stream of cards making it into the Armory
Response:
Now that there's a fair amount of cards in Cygnia, is it possible that there could be some limitations towards submitting your own cards, or just cards as a whole to crucible? I know that it'd slow down the flow of cards coming in, but it'd increase the chance that people pick quality cards, rather than just throwing all the cards at the LFC thread that they can.
Found in the 2nd post.

Cool. Transparency is a cool thing too, nice to know where/when things get shifted around.

Sidenote: Mildly amusing that a non-Curator responded X)

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: CI&A Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1221064#msg1221064
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 02:47:22 am »
[snip]
  • There is a definite need to remove inactive CCs, and Council is discussing this at the moment.
  • Kirby and I are currently still working on adapting to the system, which is not surprising when you know that breadcrumbs have not been left to pick up where old CCs left off. This is part of the issue we're currently facing. Aside from that, CCs try not to make decisions based on one person's opinion, and although a more balanced and egalitarian system, it tends to slow things down a bit too.
  • Advertising is an integral part of CI&A, definitely. Having said that, we will certainly focus on getting more involvement into CI&A, however we're currently trying to assess where we're at in terms of involvement, and where it is. Coding Difficulty, for example, is a way to get coders and non-coders alike take an interest in the coding side of CI&A.
  • And lastly, of course we'd like to have all the time in the world to be present and available to respond to every thread and every question. However, we unfortunately do not. Thank you AD for responding, who has a unique perspective as he's been one of the few with a modicum of knowledge about the previous system. We do apologize if we were unable to respond to a question on the day it was asked and will work on this.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: CI&A - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1229651#msg1229651
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 08:27:02 am »
Another option to consider is to remove all the awards and give new gold, silver, and bronze rewards to the top 3 across all of the challenges.

Got the necro warning. This amuses me.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• I'm back bitches
Re: CI&A - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1230298#msg1230298
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 01:45:26 am »
I think this thread should be bumped as there seems to be a poll that has been put up with no notice (aside from that small mention in the CIA Announcements thread).

Anyways, I myself can't add much as of I didn't get any awards. But IMO, I'd say maybe halving the amount of CD awards given previously could work. Or, instead replace the previous awards with an overall award (like a red card shaped award that shows that this person has gotten awards before the CC transfer). It would still recognize the people who got awards, but would keep the rarity of the actual CD awards high. Although I suppose that may be unfair to the people who have a lot (like andretimpa IIRC). But meh.

EDIT: After looking more closely at the poll options, it gave me a slight variant of the idea above. Just remove all the previous awards given except for the gold awards. Then replace those with the representative awards.

EDIT #2: Okay wait no that's basically the second option um um forget I said that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:47:17 am by AD TienzuStorm »
Check out my card Flock!

blarg: