Poll

What should be done regarding the previous CDC awards?

All CDC awards should be removed. Future awards should be given according to current system.
All awards but 1st place should be removed. Future awards should be given according to current system.
All awards but 1st and 2nd place should be removed. Future awards should be given according to current system.
All awards should be replaced by the current CDC award. Future awards should be given according to current system.
Other (please explain in S&F)

*Author

Offline kirbylover314Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
CI&A - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219444#msg1219444
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:03:20 am »
Please post any questions or comments about the CIA here!

Spoiler for See poll:
CDC Award Criteria found HERE
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:55:09 am by Hyroen »

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219445#msg1219445
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:19:33 am »
Thank you. Anyways, let's talk Crucible. Specifically, LFC. It seems to be that, if they aren't legacy cards made by forumgoers long farewell'd, people generally just submit their own cards, sometimes directly after posting it to the CIA itself. This is not necessarily a good thing, as far as quality control. Now that there's a fair amount of cards in Cygnia, is it possible that there could be some limitations towards submitting your own cards, or just cards as a whole to crucible? I know that it'd slow down the flow of cards coming in, but it'd increase the chance that people pick quality cards, rather than just throwing all the cards at the LFC thread that they can.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219450#msg1219450
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:24:01 am »
Thank you. Anyways, let's talk Crucible. Specifically, LFC. It seems to be that, if they aren't legacy cards made by forumgoers long farewell'd, people generally just submit their own cards, sometimes directly after posting it to the CIA itself. This is not necessarily a good thing, as far as quality control. Now that there's a fair amount of cards in Cygnia, is it possible that there could be some limitations towards submitting your own cards, or just cards as a whole to crucible? I know that it'd slow down the flow of cards coming in, but it'd increase the chance that people pick quality cards, rather than just throwing all the cards at the LFC thread that they can.

Submitting your own cards into the system is entirely the point. The Crucible is and should be open, with a minimum entry requirement, with the Crucible and Forge polls as the quality control barring entry of poor ideas into Cygnia.

If there is truly a concern that low quality cards are slipping into Cygnia due to overflow leading to lack of quality control, I think the better solution, rather than restricting input, would be restricting output - that is, making a third poll for the Armory and only placing those winners into Cygnia.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:28:51 am by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Solaris

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219451#msg1219451
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:27:09 am »

Submitting your own cards into the system is entirely the point. The Crucible is and should be open, with a minimum entry requirement, with the Crucible and Forge polls as the quality control barring entry of poor ideas into Cygnia.
Hmm, well, perhaps this is why I'm TO and not CC :P

I suggested this because I had heard/read a few times about someone remarking that there was a substantial amount of cards from one designer in the game, and I agreed.

Edit for the edit: That'd be something I'm for, personally. I'm unsure if it's totally to that point yet, but, it's certainly an option.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:29:32 am by MeowMeowCat »

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219578#msg1219578
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 03:59:53 pm »
-snip-
That would likely have been me. I don't think it's in Cygnia's interest for it to become overpowered with 1 or 2 flavours, so to speak, as it seems to take on a highly personal dimension and may reduce morale for other designers. Not to mention, especially when CCs submit card ideas, this may become a conflict of interest, as CCs have control over polls, moving card threads, etc.

This is not to say that CCs should not submit card ideas, nor that card designers should consistently try to get their ideas into Cygnia, but the hope is that Cygnia is ultimately a fair, community effort.

Thoughts about how to manage these concerns are in the works, and if any suggestions can be offered to address these concerns, they are most welcomed.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Solaris

Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219582#msg1219582
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 05:03:47 pm »
-snip-
Not to mention, especially when CCs submit card ideas, this may become a conflict of interest, as CCs have control over polls, moving card threads, etc.
This line here is unsettling to me. A CC's number one priority should be to move cards as they were voted. Perhaps I am interpreting this sentence wrong, but, if I am interpreting it correctly, I don't like it. There should be no bias when moving cards to and from boards, just as there is no bias in any other Staff position.

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219583#msg1219583
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 05:07:12 pm »
I think Hyroen agrees with you, but is just saying that there is potential for abuse. Hopefully the new app that I'm trying to finish up will reduce this risk.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219584#msg1219584
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 05:10:04 pm »
Exactly, UTAlan. Responsible people are indeed chosen to be CCs, there is however potential for abuse, and due to being CC, there may be more vested interested in moving ideas along the system.

Offline Solaris

Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219585#msg1219585
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 05:14:44 pm »
Exactly, UTAlan. Responsible people are indeed chosen to be CCs, there is however potential for abuse, and due to being CC, there may be more vested interested in moving ideas along the system.
I think Hyroen agrees with you, but is just saying that there is potential for abuse. Hopefully the new app that I'm trying to finish up will reduce this risk.
Which is precisely where my issue lies. If a CC themselves is bringing up the topic of abuse, where a CC would be the abuser.. it just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not accusing anyone, just a bit rattled by the subject matter and the person bringing it up.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219587#msg1219587
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »
That's a strange stance MMC. Surely it's better for a CC who is in a position of power to bring it up when they realise they would be able to do something biased.

If it's being talked about, it is in no way a risk.

For example, when I was considering being CO, I made sure about the protocol with COs submitting work in competitions. For me, bringing up this issue shows that Hyroen cares about his position, and wishes to improve the protocol surrounding it.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1219588#msg1219588
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »
In the same way that a TO would know where the vulnerabilities for abuse lie, so do CCs. While one as a CC can take advantage of the system set in place, it is poor form to do so. There has never been a documented case of suspected foul play on behalf of any CC, and no one should have any reason to suspect otherwise.

Selection of Forum Staff is done precisely so that abuse would not be suspected of any staff member. We are all responsible individuals, with the sole goal of making each section of the forums a fun, fair and interesting part of the Elements Community experience.

We should all believe in the community members that Council chooses to be staff. They've been chosen for a reason and I, for one, believe that all staff members have intentions of living up to or exceeding expectations.

If mitigating the potential for abuse is a serious concern, we can definitely continue its discussion within this thread.

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: CIA Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60902.msg1220147#msg1220147
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 11:41:50 pm »
The Cia seems to add up quickly. Only after 8 months the armory got 4 pages and over 100 cards . We need to come up with a way to solve this problem cause if Zanz would come back it's better to have a top 30 than top 200 etc. I recommend you to add another level to the Cia and start adding cards there!

I also think you should take some of the archieved cards from the armory and give them a second chance to go to the next level.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

blarg: