*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg326145#msg326145
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 08:32:17 pm »
One more question : can one of our things have *two*passive abilities of our invention?
Yes but be careful. 2 new passives sounds like an overly complex card design. Double check to see if both are justified as passives.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg326146#msg326146
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:32 pm »
One more question : can one of our things have *two*passive abilities of our invention?
Yes but be careful. 2 new passives sounds like an overly complex card design. Double check to see if both are justified as passives.
Thanks.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg326157#msg326157
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »
Thank You, OldTrees I didn't know how to answer that.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg326330#msg326330
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327098#msg327098
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 10:02:53 pm »
9 days to go.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327184#msg327184
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 11:10:01 pm »
I finally found this thread! And it's already on the third page. wow.
Expect 3 ideas from me!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Manipul8r

Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327317#msg327317
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 02:23:01 am »
Can I submit more than 3 cards if they are all examples of the same passive?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327323#msg327323
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 02:32:45 am »
Can I submit more than 3 cards if they are all examples of the same passive?
No. You should only submit the best example (1 card) of a passive ability per passive ability.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Genuinous

Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327325#msg327325
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 02:36:27 am »
What if I have an idea for a passive ability, which would affect a whole group of cards? I'm planning cards around this ability, so it would be useful.
I guess I should post the card ideas, which are based around the ability, however does not involve the ability directly. (Wings is based around airborne, but the card itself is not)
What should I post? I'd post already if I was ready :)

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327327#msg327327
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 02:39:56 am »
What if I have an idea for a passive ability, which would affect a whole group of cards? I'm planning cards around this ability, so it would be useful.
I guess I should post the card ideas, which are based around the ability, however does not involve the ability directly. (Wings is based around airborne, but the card itself is not)
What should I post? I'd post already if I was ready :)
All that's needed is one example of the passive ability you want to demonstrate. Go ahead and post the other ideas, but only the one with the actual ability goes here, not ones affected by it.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327329#msg327329
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 02:44:42 am »
Permanents

Active:Destroy, Sniper, Tsunami, Lobotomize, Hasten, Catapult, Ignite, Duality

Innate:Momentum, Scramble, Fiery, Regenerate, Immaterial, Vampire, Unholy, Edissipation (typo??), Bow, Empathy, Weight, Bones, Reflect, Hammer, Dagger, Boneyard, Sanctuary, Spines, Firewall, Ice, Hope, Flood, Fog, Cloack, Delay, Stasis (not sure... Sundial, it's here I think), Nightfall, Phaseshield, Solar, Dusk

Perpetual:Airborne (Animated Weapons), Ranged

I put here all the Abilities of permanents. Clearly the number of Innate is huge, mostly due to the Shields and Weapons. More Perpetual abilities for Permanents I say :)
You forgot:
Perpetual: entropy, death, gravity, earth, life, water, fire, light, air, time, darkness, aether, ?random, ?pendulum

Genuinous

Re: Card Design Challenge: Passive Abilities https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25540.msg327333#msg327333
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 02:51:38 am »
Oh okay... Well I know this ability had been mentioned before. But I think it is great and should really be used. What I'm talking about is
AQUATIC.

It is simple and could be well utilized. Airborne is already in the game, and it is unique to a limited amount of creatures. Aquatic would work in the same way. New cards should be designed around it, so elements (such as fire) could also have some creatures with this ability. Of course the base element for this ability would be water.

I think most of the dragons could have this ability, just to make it more balanced among elements.

Card Ideas:
-Similar shield as Wings, but with only allowing Aquatic creatures and maybe some ability for weapons similar to Ranged?
-Bonding between aquatic creatures. Like schools of fish reinforce each other and are stronger together. Gain +X | +X, permanent. Bit similar to Nightfall, but would depend on the number of creatures in play.
-Spells giving more bonus to Aquatic creatures, Aquatic creatures would also survive flooding. (Spell idea: All aquatic creatures gain momentum, drains all quanta)

I know it's a simple idea, but simple can be better often. We could come up with fancy new passive abilities, but I think an ability, which can affect more creatures is better.
Comments?

blarg: