*Author

Offline montrossenTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168506#msg1168506
« on: November 27, 2014, 05:42:15 am »
NAME:
Blind
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
The opponent may not target or use their own creatures or permanents for three turns.
NAME:
Blind
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
4 :darkness
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
The opponent may not target or use their own creatures or permanents for three turns.

ART:

IDEA:
Montrossen
NOTES:
This produces an effect similar to cloak, except it blocks the opponents field instead of yours.
SERIES:

Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline seulintse

• Reputation Power: 5
  • seulintse is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ~just RoL with it~
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168510#msg1168510
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 06:07:21 am »
eeeeeeeeeeeeeh this seems kinda OP if its not a pure rush deck without abilities/growers (lycanthropes / forest spirits)...while I will admit I like the idea that nymphs and tridents/pulverizers cannot use their abilities, that doesn't warrant giving it so much power as a card (you have quite a bit of control with blind and cloak, but I think a reverse effect is kinda lame).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:43:45 am by seulintse »
do you wanna have a bad :time?

:light war #9 :light

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168513#msg1168513
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 06:22:13 am »
I think it will be OK if it only lasts one turn like silence. Three turns is too long though. With 6 of these you can lock down the opponent for 18 turns. That's too long for a spell,  which is basically unstoppable short of silence or qc.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline seulintse

• Reputation Power: 5
  • seulintse is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ~just RoL with it~
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168515#msg1168515
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:42 am »
... woah, didn't even notice that it was a spell instead of a permanent... yeah I definitely agree with the card curator ;P
do you wanna have a bad :time?

:light war #9 :light

Offline montrossenTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168524#msg1168524
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:34:33 am »
What if you had to have 1 turn pause between using it? would that balance it? or does it need a way to be removed?
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168528#msg1168528
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 08:30:54 am »
That might help a bit, but 18 turns of no abilities or skills seems a bit much. Just think of how frustrating it is playing against a dim shield wielder. Now imagine that they start using this too.

If it were on a permanent, then the 3 turn might be a little easier to handle since it can be stopped by destroying the permanent. As a spell I think its going to be very very aggravating. Even if thats not OP, its not much fun to sit there locked down for 3 turns in a row with nothing you can do about it... If you can think of a way to let players break free early, then at least that promotes some creative thinking in terms of deck design.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168538#msg1168538
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:17:33 am »
I like it as it's now
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1168539#msg1168539
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:28:46 am »
Overshadows cloak completely. It's slightly more expensive, but is stronger, can't be countered and can barely be prevented.

Lowering the reduction would make it closer to silence, while still being different.

EDIT: Now that I read the notes I think I got it (I suggest work on the wording a bit). Not being able to use your own abilities or buffing your own creatures is not always a disadvantage, which would make this card much more situational (weak vs a mindless rush, stronger vs some types of stall). It also moves the balance towards spells being even more powerful, which I'm not sure is a good idea.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:38:37 am by andretimpa »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1169004#msg1169004
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 08:31:40 pm »
It is OP in its current state.
Nerf the duration of the effect to one turn, like silence.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1169037#msg1169037
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 10:14:03 pm »
it's not OP to have the opponent cloaked for himself for some turns
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Blind | Blind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56846.msg1169102#msg1169102
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 06:16:29 am »
it's not OP to have the opponent cloaked for himself for some turns

That's currently up for debate.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

blarg: