*Author

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198042#msg1198042
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:17:09 pm »
NAME:
Arcane Study
ELEMENT:
Diseric
COST:

TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
: Add 1 spell to your hand.
Arcane Study is destroyed after 3 uses.
NAME:
Arcane Library
ELEMENT:
Diseric
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
: Add 1 spell to your hand.
Arcane Library is destroyed after 6 uses.

ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
EmeraldTiger
NOTES:

SERIES:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:51:38 pm by EmeraldTiger »
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198151#msg1198151
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 03:59:46 am »
5 quanta for 1 spell
or 11 quanta for 3 spell,
Arcane Study doesn't seems effective enough.

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198221#msg1198221
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 02:49:32 pm »
Does the spell have to be in your deck or is it chosen randomly?
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198228#msg1198228
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 03:42:09 pm »
5 quanta for 1 spell
Balance has never been my strong suit.
Where should I add balance? More uses, Lower cost, or bit of both.

Does the spell have to be in your deck or is it chosen randomly?
It is random.

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198238#msg1198238
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 04:00:10 pm »

5 quanta for 1 spell
Balance has never been my strong suit.
Where should I add balance? More uses, Lower cost, or bit of both.
Arcane Study
5 quanta for 1 spell
turns: 3
draw card: random
cost: split duo

Golden Hourglass
6 :time for 1 card.
10 :time for 3 cards.
turns: indefinitely
draw card: deck card
cost: mono

im sorry, apparently the stats is quite similar,
Arcane Study is balanced.

but considering the new fact that Arcane Study draws
random cards, Arcane Study can receive some reduction
in skill costs, perhaps to 2 quanta costs.

drawing random cards is good
but golden hourglass drawing deck cards makes
your deck more efficient and reliable, easy to setup,
thats why i recommend Arcane Study to be slightly cheaper than Golden Hourglass.

Offline Ghaladh

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ghaladh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Restless Element
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198299#msg1198299
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 08:28:58 pm »
I would make a deck around this card! I really like it! I concur with the others: the skill cost can be reduced by 1 or the usage limit might be doubled, eventually.

• Legendary Member
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198388#msg1198388
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 03:52:24 pm »
updated.

Offline Ghaladh

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ghaladh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Restless Element
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1198405#msg1198405
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »
updated.
I want this card in my deck NOW! :). Seems perfect.

• Legendary Member
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1209931#msg1209931
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 04:37:58 pm »
Are there any potential card interaction?

What sort of Decks would this fit in?

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1209948#msg1209948
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »
Can the ability be activated only once or multiple times per turn?

Are spells generated by Library upped?
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

• Legendary Member
Re: Arcane Study | Arcane Library https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58977.msg1209951#msg1209951
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 05:53:55 pm »
I think both questions can be yes, but if this makes it into the game, that will be something to look at as a balancing tool.

anything
blarg: