*Author

Offline The_MormegilTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213576#msg213576
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:48:13 pm »
NAME:
Animate Shield
ELEMENT:
:air
COST:
1 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
-
TEXT:
Turn your shield into a creature
NAME:
Animate Shield
ELEMENT:
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
-
TEXT:
Turn your shield into a creature
ART:
None - the image sucks.
IDEA:
The Mormegil
NOTES:
The creature gains gravity pull automatically. Every shield should be converted to a specific creature with specific mechanics.
SERIES:
-

Just a random thought, maybe it emerged already, maybe not, maybe it was killed years ago I don't know.

Two minor notes: to keep the shield from becoming less of a shield when animated, the animated creature should get gravity pull. This has the additional effect of not being able to have multiple shields at a time - gravity pulled creatures aren't protected by shields.
The second note is that shields could make for great defensive creatures, but shouldn't (at least without buffs and at least most of them) become attacking creatures. With some exceptions, maybe (Fire Buckler I'm looking at you).

Now, I will think about the possible shields convertions, but I'm posting the idea since it's simple and just came out of my head.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Aethemera, aether et lux
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213600#msg213600
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 02:31:34 pm »
Is the defense based on the creature's health?
Ignotum venit retro vivere. :aether :light

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213613#msg213613
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »
This has been done countless times. I'd like to see your take though...

Mine might be similar.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

• Legendary Member
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213647#msg213647
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »
Well if it HAS been done a thousand times before, and never managed its way in the game, that's probably because Zanzarino doesn't like the idea... anyway here's a list of shields and the effects I would have them have.

:entropy
Dissipation Shield: 0/N
Dissipation Shield's max hp are equal to twice the amount of entropy quanta you have.

:death
Bone Wall:
Bone Wall transforms in an equal number of Skeletons when animated.

:gravity
Gravity Shield: 0/10
Gravity Shield cannot be harmed by creatures with more than 5 hp.

:earth
Titanium Shield: 0/40

:life
Thorn Carapace: 0/10
Creatures that deal damage to Thorn Carapace have a 75% chance of being poisoned.

:fire
Fire Shield: 7/1

:water
Ice Shield: 0/10
 :water :water :water: freeze

:light
Reflective Shield: 0/10
Immaterial.

Hope: 0/N
Hope's hp are equal to four times the number of light emitting creatures you have in play. Immaterial.

Fog Shield: 0/10
Fog Shield has a 40% chance of being missed.

Wings: 0/10
Wings cannot be harmed unless by an airborne creature or by a ranged weapon.

:time
Procrastination: 0/10
Creatures that damage Procrastination are delayed by 1 turn.

:darkness
Dusk Mantle: 0/10
Dusk Mantle has a 50% chance of being missed.

:aether
Dimensional Shield: 0/N
Dimensional Shield's hp are equal to the number of turns it will last. Dimensional Shield is immune to damage.
This is just a first idea, and will be subject to modifications. Probably in the shields' hp at least.
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

miniwally

Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213651#msg213651
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:09:40 pm »
If some of these come into play with gravity pull they make no sense though.

• Legendary Member
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213663#msg213663
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 04:28:22 pm »
Like which ones? Fire Shield? Yeah, probably you're right...

Offline ArtCrusade

• Reputation Power: 7
  • ArtCrusade is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Join the ArtCrusade!
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213715#msg213715
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 05:56:16 pm »
Dimensional Shield can't be killed? How dare you not thinking about Gravity Pull..

And please, please tell me how an immaterial Reflective Shield with 0/10 is anyhow useful? Bonewall sounds so overpowered. It gets 2 charges for one dead creature, while a Boneyard only generates one Skeleton. Most of the shields only make sense if they come into game with Gravity Pull, but because of their low stats they'll die a second after they entered the field.

Come up with something that sounds balanced and balanced.
My art:         deviantArt
My poetry:    Writing.com

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213716#msg213716
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 05:59:51 pm »
seems somewhat underpowered, since a shield can block/reduce any damage, even from weapons, compared to the animated one that can only block creatures.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

• Legendary Member
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213772#msg213772
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »
Dimensional Shield can't be killed? How dare you not thinking about Gravity Pull..
Dimensional Shield comes into play with gravity pull, therefore cancelling all damage creatures would deal. But, its hp will become 0 after three turns, and it will die, the way a spark does. This is useful in that Dim Shield can be animated to answer to most PC cards, but it will let weapons pass.

And please, please tell me how an immaterial Reflective Shield with 0/10 is anyhow useful?
It comes in play with gravity pull. It's kind of like 10 more hp. Underpowered as hell, but hey, I did say shield's hp needed tweaking...

Bonewall sounds so overpowered. It gets 2 charges for one dead creature, while a Boneyard only generates one Skeleton.
I didn't think of it that way... but I guess you are right. I just thought it would be nicer that way, flavor-wise.

Most of the shields only make sense if they come into game with Gravity Pull, but because of their low stats they'll die a second after they entered the field.
Come up with something that sounds balanced and balanced.
Yeah, I'm still thinking about it... But even I don't like this idea that much. I just came up with it and thought I'd see what you say about it.

Maybe increasing the shield's hp by 20? Hmmm...

miniwally

Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213775#msg213775
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 07:18:26 pm »
Current coding makes the phase shield die as soon as it comes into play because GP will stay on an invulnerable creature.

• Legendary Member
Re: Animate Shield | Animate Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16700.msg213778#msg213778
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 07:23:42 pm »
Hmmm... Maybe making it like this?

Dimensional Shield: 0/30
At the end of your turn, Dimensional Shield heals back to full hp.

...But it wouldn't be the best way to represent the mechanics...

anything
blarg: