*Author

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: A buttload of card ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5006.msg50430#msg50430
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 10:46:32 pm »
All right!  This is exactly the kind of feedback that I wanted.  Thanks, guys!

So, let's see now, taking the cards in order and replying to questions on each card:

Weighted Strike: Yes, it's basically for Armagio...and Colossal Dragon, Basalt Dragon, A well-fed Otyugh, Forest Spectre, or Condor, Animated Titan, Steel Golem really benefits, FFQ can smack some people around with this card, and Anubis as well.  The stupid fun here would be Elite Pegasus+Heavy Armor+Weighted Strike+Dive=28 damage.  Just once, but it'd be fun.  And vrt, if it's been suggested before, I haven't seen it.

Focused Gravity: Total Golem Reset is SO COOL.  Rewind can do it; this doesn't even make you recast it (or leave it with 1 HP for an easy nomnoming)! 

Alpha Wolf/Pack Wolf: Where were y'all when I printed this up as an actual card (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4195.0.html)?  I've fought the 'it's overpowered' fight, and no one came to SG's defense, so I figured it was OK.  So what if I made it cost 5 unupgraded and dropped it back to 4 when it was upgraded?

Orb of Mania: Never thought of this+Cremation.  You're abosolutely right, that's just mean.  I'll come up with a new fire card for my dreamline. :)

Sip From The Grail: Yeah, points of regeneration.  Imagine it as taking up the poison icon's place on your HP bar, but being green and happy instead of purple and gross.  You gain HP=your Regen total every turn (just noticed that I didn't specifiy that on the card); Regen cancel each other, so if you have 6 points of regen and Morte hits you with Deadly Poison, you then have only 3 points of regen.

Refractive Lens: Yes, this was basically intended to make Light's ability to generate hideous quantities of quanta actually useful for more than just Hope (which didn't exist when I made up this card).  I figured one off-color card per turn at a significant extra cost (+3 quanta) would be totally OK and give Light the ability to pack some decent utility into a deck without having to mess around with too many off-element quanta sources.

Cherub: Some argument here, some ppl like it, some think it's overpowered.  I consider that a success. Really, 4 quanta for a 3/6 creature is overpriced when you look at how many people use Graviton Guard or Hematite Golem (zero), but maybe it's too much to add the +4 life on there without upping the cost -- so let's say Cherub and Seraph cost 5 instead. 

Bird of Prey: I think vrt is the only one who really gets it.  Every time an opponent's creature takes damage...it gains 1 power.  So you have Incarnate with an Eclipse, 7 Vamps and 4 Parasites and 9 Skeletons on the table.  You Thunderstorm once, and BoP gains +20 power.  You Thunderstorm twice, and BoP gains another +20 power (the Parasites die).  You Thunderstorm a third time, and BoP gains another +20 power (because the Parasites generated Skeletons, but this time the 9 Skeletons die).  You activate your Eagle's Eye and kill one of the Vamps, and BoP gains another +1 power.  Then you Dive, and the BoP's power goes from 63 to 126, and you attack, only to get stopped by a Bone Wall the size of Manhattan, and you die.   That is what Bird of Prey is all about.

Mocking Sylph: While it might be strong with Aether, it's not as strong with Air or Darkness shields, and Aether has better things to do than splash Air for healing.  It's healing is staying where it's at.  :)

Set's Hound: No one commented on the fact that I actually gave Time a passable low-cost attacker!  That's really what the intent was, the no-deckout thing I threw in there to make it Time-flavored.  I'm not really concerned about the Scarab synergy. 

Erosion: No, you don't HAVE to destroy a permanent each time you activate it (you can hit Cancel and it will still add the counter to Erosion).  And yes, it's a complicated way to get REUSABLE permanent destruction into Time.  (and Water).  :)

Foul Summoning: I don't understand why it's overpowered to take an Element that has a crapload of permanents that don't stack (Dusk Mantle, Vamp Dagger, Eclipse) and give it something to do with them.  It's not overpowered to have a bunch of Vampires via Fractal; why would it be to do it via Foul Summoning?

Backstab: It's a spell, but the effect is persistent (like Adrenaline).  It better be pricey, because the effect of having Jade Staff, Vampire Stiletto, Discord, Arsenic, and especially a well-powered Fahrenheit attacking twice every turn can be quite game-swinging.  It wouldn't be too bad on Titan or Morning Glory either.

Swarm of Bats: I forgot a casting cost.  It's 2Darkness unupgraded, 4Darkness upgraded.  I want to keep the 4 HP, but I think the higher casting cost and lower base power than Forest Spectre justify that.

Normalize: This card is specifically intended to counter Quintessence (by removing it and any other effects that have been added to a card after it was cast,) but it obviously as a LOT of uses.  And flying weapons clearly have a casting cost of their own; since this doesnt return them back to your deck, I don't particularly see why it would remove their flying quality.

Etherial Feedback: The intention here is that you'd save up 2 or 3 and cast them all at once, dealing a good 60+ damage to a well-stocked t50 control deck.  It is a spell, not a permanent, and it's obviously intended to help form a killstrike against decks stocking lots of SoGs.

Aetheric Eggs: Honestly, I wanted to add another non-Immaterial creature to Aether, but I couldn't think of anything appropriately themed, so I fell back on the eggs.  I think it's kind of a cool idea, especially since with 3 Aether Towers and 3 Aetheric Eggs, you can snag 3 Phase Recluses by turn 3 in addition to any others you could cast.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Kameda

Re: A buttload of card ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5006.msg50882#msg50882
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »
I still think that Bird of Prey is OP. With Aflatoxin and Unstable Gas/RoF/Thunderstorm this thing can be outrageous strong. C'mon, with two Afla and two Thunderstorm and this you can win a game.
Against FGs you only need some more Unstable Gasses or Thunderstorm.

And imagine if you have three, maybe more of it.

anything
blarg: