*Author

Astraic

Re: Shard l Shard of Charity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11369.msg140806#msg140806
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »
Are you suggesting that if you play this shard and I am forced to give up quanta, then you are upholding the virtue of Charity?

Should anyone else on the blunt end of your shards action see you as Charitable?
it is charitable in its own ways
since your not asking for too much because the card isn't stackable
charity can be described as a benevolent act
charity and charitable are 2 different things
the player of the card's charity is that he doesn;t ask for much at all
charitable can be describe as kind favor towards others
OWNER of card- it is charitable that the card can't stack so not much quanta is drained considering that since most decks have at least 10+ towers/pillars not that much is taken away
Opponent- it is charitable that the opponent generously donates it to you and doesn't ask for anything in return...
the wordling is important too...
if the card says STEAL instead of generously donates that wouldnt be charitable even though they have a similar result
You are not getting the point. The shard is supposed to be Virtuous and/or of holding virtue. This is the reason for you having to choose a virtue.

vir·tue   /ˈvɜrtʃu/  Show Spelled[vur-choo]  Show IPA
–noun
1. conformity of one's  life and conduct to moral and ethical principles; uprightness; rectitude.

Note that holding virtue is conformity of one's life and not of the conduct or morality of someone elses life.
Making your opponent Generously donate isn't virtuous and I would find it tantamount to taxation as they are not sharing of their own accord, but instead having their resource forcibly taken by your action. If I forced you to generously offer up the contents of your wallet, would you consider your response to be upholding of Charity and not criminal action on my behallf?
hmmm...im gonna actually learn more about philosophy on the internet than when i get into a philosophy class...
charity is defined as giving to the needy but thats the new definition.
since most of the virtues that we could used  came from wikipedia and there is actually a defintion for what virtuos charity means
Charity means means an unlimited loving-kindness toward all others.
The card itself is charity in an indirect way.
it depends on how you view it
it might not seem charity for the owner of the card but it is charitable for the opponent
it works just like other shard cards but yet its opposite
Most of the shard cards apply to the user,
when this card is played the virtue of charity is given to your opponent
if you gave a broken doll to your friend and its useless for him would you still be charitable?
it applies to this card as well
if you gave the idea of virtue of charity to your opponent even though its bad for him would you still be charitable?
basically it is charitable that you are giving the virtue of charity to your opponent
LOL i should take some law too.. need to work my loopholes.....
and if i did give you the contents of my wallet (which i would not) it would be a charitable act because im having unlimited kindness towards someone
wow philosophy over the internet is something......

masterada

Re: Shard l Shard of Charity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11369.msg140814#msg140814
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 08:50:15 pm »
change it to:
Generously donate 2 quanta to heal your opponent for 2 HP every turn. This card comes into play on your opponents side.
maybe it will calm ppl down ^^
(just an idea)

Astraic

Re: Shard l Shard of Charity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11369.msg140819#msg140819
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 08:55:30 pm »
change it to:
Generously donate 2 quanta to heal your opponent for 2 HP every turn. This card comes into play on your opponents side.
maybe it will calm ppl down ^^
(just an idea)
lol thats charitable yet...............
well you know XD

omg you have given me such a great idea XD

Kael Hate

Re: Shard l Shard of Charity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11369.msg140827#msg140827
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:22 pm »
Honestly Kael, the fact you can spew dictionary info doesn't help your platform. And  since you are the ONLY person who seems to give any care that the cards be the most exact and precise flawless immaculate examples of a card ever seen. You may be card curator, but by saying that a shard has to fit YOUR idea of the card, you are taking out ANY reason for a public competition. If you want to limit the creativity of cards to YOUR vision of them, next time fight against public creation.

If it wasn't for Kuro, I'm betting cards wouldn't ever make it passed this stage of creation. There'd be no need for crucible, forge, etc.
So we should ignore the words of our language and just portray anything we want any way we feel?

Hmm,

Shard of Generosity
All of your opponents creatures generously offer themselves to the sun and are destroyed.

[sarcasm] That was generous of them and quite upholding of the virtue of generosity. [/sarcasm]

The idea belongs to the Creator and they can travel with the idea anyhow they wish, but If I see something wrong I point it out so that others can see its questionablity.
Like murder without reason, the abuse of children and the misinterpretation of terms.

As for being Curator and granting entry to the crucible and such, I have been doing this far longer than Kuroaitou and recomended him as a Curator for his ability to uphold the the level of quality expected.

Kael Hate

Re: Shard l Shard of Charity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11369.msg140838#msg140838
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 09:16:23 pm »
hmmm...im gonna actually learn more about philosophy on the internet than when i get into a philosophy class...
charity is defined as giving to the needy but thats the new definition.
since most of the virtues that we could used  came from wikipedia and there is actually a defintion for what virtuos charity means
Charity means means an unlimited loving-kindness toward all others.
The card itself is charity in an indirect way.
it depends on how you view it
it might not seem charity for the owner of the card but it is charitable for the opponent
it works just like other shard cards but yet its opposite
Most of the shard cards apply to the user,
when this card is played the virtue of charity is given to your opponent
Playing the card forces your opponent to confom to a virtue that isn't theirs?
Send me all your money without reason. Its charitable, you said so yourself.

if you gave a broken doll to your friend and its useless for him would you still be charitable?
No

it applies to this card as well
if you gave the idea of virtue of charity to your opponent even though its bad for him would you still be charitable?
No

basically it is charitable that you are giving the virtue of charity to your opponent
LOL i should take some law too.. need to work my loopholes.....
and if i did give you the contents of my wallet (which i would not) it would be a charitable act because im having unlimited kindness towards someone
Really. Next time you get mugged, make sure its chalked up to Charity. You might even be able to use it as a tax rightoff.

wow philosophy over the internet is something......
From Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_(virtue)
"In Christian theology charity, or love (agapē), means an unlimited loving-kindness toward all others."

Did you intend the shard to be a representation of Christian Love? If so I think you failed there too.

Astraic

Re: Shard l Shard of Charity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11369.msg140840#msg140840
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 09:24:59 pm »
hmmm this is fun yet hard XD
anyways i figured a way to make the card more eviler yet charitable XD with the same concept
hopefully this upsets no one......

anything
blarg: