*Author

Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297142#msg297142
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 08:54:41 am »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
Curator approval not required
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
The upgraded version has "Foreseen" as a passive ability, "Foreseen" means the first 5 cards on top of your deck is always revealed. The cards only reveal to you, not you opponent.

rohlfo

Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297180#msg297180
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:41 am »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
As soon as I saw the art I thought of quanta! The idea here is quite simple, your opponent is accumulating too much quanta in your opinion, so burn some away!  :D

I had quite a few ideas for this card which made it tough, good image imo. I went for what I thought was my best and most original idea.
By burn is means destroy/drain/get rid of etc. Getting balance was tricky without the usual community feedback, but I think it's ok, not too cheap for rush, but not burning so much as to make it OP imo. In some ways most effective against mono, but being mono, it will also recover quicker. Perhaps least effective against rainbow, but rainbow does often rely a lot on their time or entropy quanta, so potentially very effective. Since it works ok for the two most extreme deck versions it should also be balanced enough against all other decks.

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297306#msg297306
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 04:37:15 pm »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
Eats means it will try to take one of your opponents quanta, but if it fails to do so, it will try to take one of your quanta. If you are out of quanta too, it will die.
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297329#msg297329
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 05:35:21 pm »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
The random effects for Flux include: Acceleration, Adrenaline, Blessing, Holy Flash, Liquid Shadow, Luciferin, Momentum, Plate Armor, Quintessence.

The random effects for Mass Flux include: Upgraded versions of the above, plus Shard of Readiness and Chaos Power.
For Mass Flux, the amount of random effects is 2-4.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297488#msg297488
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:35:42 pm »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
I decided upon the idea of buffing life and water creatures. As I figure, in a Rain forest, natural creatures there have the advantage. They know how to survive, live off the land.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297654#msg297654
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:33 am »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
Animals refers to both real life, and mythical animals. ie. frogs, cockatrices, dragons, etc.

Like Sky Blitz and Eclipse, this card affects all creatures from it's own element, but also gives a hand to other elements (some more than others). I think cards like these add more flavour to the game, rather than being perfectly specific, or too general.

I think this card gives another way to use life's general rushy strategy, and also helps bring it across into other elements.
My entry. Hope you all like it, and good luck to all other entrants. :)

gavsword

Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297682#msg297682
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 12:55:25 am »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
Old Trees is a great competitor. I have no right to be facing him, he's a tremendous card designer, I am just a guy with a few random ideas. Best of luck. I'm tired now.

SunnyGreens

Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg297759#msg297759
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 02:41:28 am »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA
-
DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg299944#msg299944
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:29 am »
Submission period deadline reached! :) This topic will be locked until the Voting Phase for Round 1 is over.

NOTE: Because Retribution has failed to submit his card idea by the deadline, he has forfeited his match to karis

EDIT: Note that the table has changed for Round 2 folks! (added a 'NOTES' section for those who like to explain their ideas more)

SECOND EDIT: Round 2 has begun!

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg300052#msg300052
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:03 pm »
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA - Curator approval not required - DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
NOTES: A version of mass creature protection for Air.  It might be overpowered, but mass creature spells are not that prevailment in the metagame today outside of Rain of Fire.  The cost can be upgraded, but when I vote I vote on strength of concept, not just balance of the mechanics.  Remember that it costs :air for each turn of protection.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg300232#msg300232
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 07:47:00 pm »
NOTES:
Good luck Onizuka!
Unless played in the first couple of turns, combined with nightmare or facing card drawing/fractal it acts like 2 immaterial darkness pillars. (2 :earth+0 :darkness+3 cards ~= 5 :darkness +1card)
Another source of  :darkness. This time it comes with the side effect of being able to grow in strength to keep up vs Fractal or Card Advantage. It also can be used a a bluff to cause the opponent to slow down and play their cards all at once.
Why should this be added to the game?
It makes choosing when to play a card slightly more important to encourage in game tactics as well as before game tactics.
It provides new counters to Fractal and Card advantage.Part 1: Restrictions
Both cards cannot have the same COST.
If the card is a creature, it must have a passive skill.
If the card is a permanent, it must have an activated ability
If the card is a spell, it should not force the player to target something in order to work
Creature has diverse options ranging from semi vanilla with a small passive to full blown active and passive abilities.
Permanents could be Weapon, Shield (new territory for activated abilities), Pillaresque Permanents (Obelisk) or Misc.
Spells could be Global effects (Typically AoE), Autotargeting effects (Like Heal or Blackhole) or Random targeting effects.
Part 2: Eliminations
Link to art: http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=view&id=1089932
The art is not alive enough for me to create a relate-able creature out of it.
It is definitely not solid enough to be a permanent.
Random targeting seems like a way to bypass the intent if not the wording of the restriction.
Without indication of the scale of the effect inherent in the image, I went with an Autotargeting Spell.
Part 3: Themes
There are obvious Light and Darkness tones to this image. When I stare at the images I see a swirl of specters circling a light source. Since Light and Darkness seems to be in conflict and Darkness is winning, I decided on a Darkness card. (This had the added benefit of being a different element to test my skills on in the competition)
Since it is a conflict card and I had decided on an autotargeting effect, I decided to have the new Darkness spell autotarget the opponent in an indirect parasitic hostile manner as is befitting Darkness.
Part 4: Effect
Darkness parasitism needs both a power source and a product.
Possible power sources: HP, Quanta, Drawing, Playing cards
Possible products: HP, Quanta
The first concern is duplicating an effect in game like Drain Life or Black Hole.
So the product will be quanta and will use either Drawing or Playing cards as a trigger for this Curse.
Part 5: Final decision and balancing
Curse: Your opponent is now cursed. Whenever your opponent plays a card gain  :darkness :darkness. Effect is cumulative.
Since the effect is not directly counterable it should be weaker than irectly counterable effect.
Unless played in the first couple of turns, combined with nightmare or facing card drawing/fractal it acts like 2 immaterial darkness pillars. (2 :earth+0 :darkness+3 cards ~= 5 :darkness +1card)

"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Card Design War Submissions thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23196.msg300333#msg300333
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:44 pm »
NOTES: Something a little different for Life. Handing out poison counters on its destruction discourages CC from being used on it; in exchange for the Spore passive ability, it does less damage, and takes longer (and also an off-element ability) to achieve that damage potential.

You can also try popping your own Fungi with Pandemonium or CC of your own. Upped version costs a bit more because it has exactly 3 HP (perfect target for Pandemonium to destroy it) and to make the obvious Fractal/Fungi/Pandemonium or Mitosis/CC on a stick combos a bit trickier to play.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

blarg: