*Author

Offline tyranimTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
[Official] Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg348185#msg348185
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:31:20 pm »

i believe lycan is pretty weak, it harbors almost no love in niether rainbows or entropy decks. so i move to buff it in the way of increasing its effectiveness in combat by increasing its power in some way. look at it this way. upped frog, flesh recluse, and other low costing creatures are more powerful than this card simply because they dont require 2 elements and 2 turns to do what they do.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:15:30 pm by Treldon »
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg348187#msg348187
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:34:52 pm »
Has anyone else had this same problem in rainbows?
Though i see the point of
upped frog, flesh recluse, and other low costing creatures are more powerful than this card simply because they dont require 2 elements and 2 turns to do what they do.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg348201#msg348201
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 11:54:52 pm »
I love lycans in my rainbows.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg348209#msg348209
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:05:08 am »
It's a strong card unupped and has a reasonable improvement when it upgrades. It's balanced.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Pwnator

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Pwnator is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • :3
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg348385#msg348385
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:23:49 am »
Werewolves are one of the main reasons why I can beat Rainbow with my FG deck (it has Fractal). They're fine as is.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg348386#msg348386
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:40:44 am »
I think the unupped is balance but i think werewolf could use a slight buff. the 1 darkness quanta really doesn't do much
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg353579#msg353579
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 02:03:57 pm »
The activation cost decrease works just like a casting cost decrease in this case. An effective casting cost decrease of 1-2 is a standard upgrade.
Lycanthrope is powerful (6|6 for only  :darkness :darkness :entropy :entropy ~= 5 :entropy) but comes with a drawback of waiting a turn as a 1|1.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

purewater156

Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg371147#msg371147
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:00 am »
I think it doesn't need buff in werewolf...
Some say it costs other elements to lycan it, yet nova and supernova which belong to entropy, and also rainbow deck,will make it work fine, right?
Compared with upped cockatrice 5/5 which costs 3 :life, werewolf need 2 :entropy1 :darkness, but it is more healthy and offensive (6/6). Isn't it fair?

Offline Thalas

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg371163#msg371163
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:26:31 pm »
It needs buff, but not in the rainbows, it needs more synergy with the  :entropy

Offline Conchobear

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Conchobear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg375334#msg375334
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 01:21:41 am »
I think a good buff would to add 1 HP to Werewolf so it doesn't die when it attacks a Fire Buckler. 6/6 is good and the cost is fine in my opinion.  Being a 6/6 protects it from Paradox and many CC so it's better than the Frog.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg375356#msg375356
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 02:36:23 am »
The problem with this card upped is that although its powerful, the 1 turn wait is quite dangerous in an upped enviroment, and 6/6  for 2  :entropy and 1 :darkness isnt all that impressive. I would probably consider it fine if it didnt have summoning sickness, HOWEVER, it does and therefore has a big disadvantage compared to others. This is how I look at it. Take cockatrice for comparison

5/5 for 3 :life
1/1 (6/6) for 2 :entropy/1 :darkness

Cockatrice would be in large need of buffing if it was
1/1 (6/6) 2 :life/1 :life (activation). It gets the 1 atk boost BUT it is too weak. I
 believe (although I could be wrong) that people would prefer it how it is.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Lycanthrope | Werewolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27380.msg375357#msg375357
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 02:47:39 am »
It needs an art buff.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

blarg: