*Author

Offline Appawesome

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Appawesome is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg138794#msg138794
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 09:46:22 pm »
Most of the things you are comparing to this cost 5 quanta, while Blue Crawler cost 3. No duh that things that cost 5 quanta are stronger then things that cost 3.

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg151460#msg151460
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 07:01:57 pm »
I think the point that they're trying to make with all the comparisons is that for any job blue crawler works well for there are better options available, even within :water

I think some minor ability wouldn't be out of place- maybe something in :earth? It would fit well with the idea of something crawling along the bottom, and the synergy would help the trident out . . .

Emphasis on minor though. Comparable to "web" on flesh spider -> web uses off-element quanta and is only useful in combination with one specific card. I think most of the abilities suggested so far are too strong.

Tea's idea sounds workable to me I suppose.

*EDIT*
How's this sound for an ability?

:earth : Dredge. Move 1 square of flooding to a random space on the field.

It's similar to the web ability in that it requires a duo, only works well when there is a transient permanent on the board (either wings or flooding, as the case may be) and suggests a strategy that can be based around it, without interfering with the card's original purpose as a mid-hitter.

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg153399#msg153399
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 06:36:42 pm »
I agree with ratcharmer, the crawler is the same type as flesh spider, but flesh spider has a ability.

Also, there is almost no need to run the unupped crawler by now, because there are almost always better options. The only deck I ever used it in was in a water/life deck, which needed (beside forest spirit) some more water quantum usage. So I used this, together with adrenaline, but that is the only possible use I can think of.

And yes, water really needs another synergy with earth, to make tridents ability more used.

So this idea is almost perfect: It
is a minor ability
adds to an already existing but hardly ever used synergy.
gives a reason to actually use the card
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Offline RavingRabbidTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg153401#msg153401
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 06:43:07 pm »
Yup, added two more voices to the poll, please vote again.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Sengiratolom

Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg155128#msg155128
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 01:29:25 pm »
I think the point that they're trying to make with all the comparisons is that for any job blue crawler works well for there are better options available, even within :water

I think some minor ability wouldn't be out of place- maybe something in :earth? It would fit well with the idea of something crawling along the bottom, and the synergy would help the trident out . . .

Emphasis on minor though. Comparable to "web" on flesh spider -> web uses off-element quanta and is only useful in combination with one specific card. I think most of the abilities suggested so far are too strong.

Tea's idea sounds workable to me I suppose.

*EDIT*
How's this sound for an ability?

:earth : Dredge. Move 1 square of flooding to a random space on the field.

It's similar to the web ability in that it requires a duo, only works well when there is a transient permanent on the board (either wings or flooding, as the case may be) and suggests a strategy that can be based around it, without interfering with the card's original purpose as a mid-hitter.
I think that moving a flooded square randomly is to powerfull, yes it is random, but you could end up killing a 34+ attack quinted creature in the middle row, simply by paying 1 :earth

how about

Toxic crawl 2 :death :put 2 infest counters on target creature in a flooded area

Offline ratcharmer

• ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg155144#msg155144
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 02:22:40 pm »
Does a quinted 34 attack creature really come up all that often? I feel like you'd usually already be dead by that point. I suppose it could come up through Chimera (although then there's only 1 creature on the board and you'll usually miss) . . . growth creatures can get that big, but usually someone looses first.

And honestly I think quinted growth creatures need a counter, as right now there's no realistic way to remove them (fire shield only does one damage/turn so as long as it keeps growing it'll never die, and thorn carapace will take long enough you're usually dead before the creature is).

Continuing the comparison to spider+wings, the web ability can also stop 34 damage/turn (if there's a flying creature that big), and you get to pick which creature.

In light of dredge killing the creature, yes it might need a nerf, but I'm just brainstorming here. Maybe boost the cost to 2 or 3 :earth? And probably make it so the flooding moves back after a turn, since otherwise you could end up with the next square things summon into and leave it there, preventing you opponent from getting any more creatures.

Toxic crawl seemss really weak to me, since it only does anything at all versus :water swarm decks (not common) or if they aflatoxin their own creatures (again, not very common).

Sengiratolom

Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg155212#msg155212
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 04:57:52 pm »
The 34 attack was used as an example to illustrate that paying 1 quanta for an ability that could end up killing a random creature, quinted or not, if it isn't water or other based, is to powerfull. Highest attack value i had on a creature was 49 attack golem, but that was against a SoD/SoG/Miracle/Granite Skin stall deck.

Thorn Carpase is a good (allthough slow at start) counter to growth creatures, eventually they will kill themselves, requires sources of healing to outlive the creature till that point. Gravity Shield also disables them in most cases.

They could use a more potent counter, but not something that outright kills them in 1 go.

The crawl is suposed to be a little extra, not a powerfull ability as the creature itself isn't that bad, so it'd be a flood dependant ability.

would this be a better solution?
Aqualungs 2 :water : target creature gains aqualungs, allowing it to be in a flooded area and survive as if it was a water or other creature.

smuglapse

Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg155228#msg155228
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 05:40:09 pm »
I think that moving a flooded square randomly is to powerfull, yes it is random, but you could end up killing a 34+ attack quinted creature in the middle row, simply by paying 1 :earth
Flooding doesn't affect invulnerable creatures.

7wavemaster

Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg155423#msg155423
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 12:04:26 am »
i like Sengiratolom idea but i think it could have a better name then aqulungs :P.

Offline ratcharmer

Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg155518#msg155518
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 02:31:01 am »
Agreed, the "aqualungs idea is very good- not hugely powerful, but useful in a duo, I do also agree a different name would be better. Maybe "bubble"?

Offline RavingRabbidTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg157064#msg157064
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 08:06:42 am »
Only reason why Crawler > Toadfish is that Blue Crawler is good with adrenaline.

Really, this needs a buff to be competitive.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

$$$man

Re: Blue Crawler | Abyss Crawler [Poll resetted, vote again] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10770.msg157140#msg157140
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 01:22:47 pm »
Only reason why Crawler > Toadfish is that Blue Crawler is good with adrenaline.

Really, this needs a buff to be competitive.
No:
Bluecrawler = 12 damage
Toadfish = 12 damage and a control ability that can slaughter an adrenalined crawler.

anything
blarg: