*Author

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294175#msg294175
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 08:14:38 pm »
Gravity Nymph using this kind of worries me. It's alredy very powerful, and I don't think it needs more advantage.

I don't have a problem with it having this effect if not played as the nymph.
Why would the nymph be a problem? It would be a very expensive Luciferine without the Biolum.
If used as intended it wouldn't be a luciferine. It'd be 3.6 luciferines every turn (assuming you only have 1 nymph).
Getting a ton of quanta by late game isn't hard, and you could easily back it up with a dozen+ pillars.

The advantage this has over the current nymph is that they don't need to go rainbow, and you don't need a discord.

killybob

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294284#msg294284
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 11:28:17 pm »
i admit that such changes may be a huge unneeded buff to the nymph making it OP but there are ways to get around that. besides who could ask more for an interesting twist to gravity?

Offline BluePriestTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294287#msg294287
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »
Gravity Nymph using this kind of worries me. It's alredy very powerful, and I don't think it needs more advantage.

I don't have a problem with it having this effect if not played as the nymph.
Why would the nymph be a problem? It would be a very expensive Luciferine without the Biolum.
If used as intended it wouldn't be a luciferine. It'd be 3.6 luciferines every turn (assuming you only have 1 nymph).
Getting a ton of quanta by late game isn't hard, and you could easily back it up with a dozen+ pillars.

The advantage this has over the current nymph is that they don't need to go rainbow, and you don't need a discord.
Umm... you realize it drains 3 gravity too? Theres NO WAY a rainbow would be able to sustain this ability. You could use it once, but then youd be be crippled. Using it again would assure you wouldnt make it back and would only delay the inevitable.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

killybob

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294303#msg294303
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 12:16:17 am »
just pointing out, from what BP just said,  i think there's a huge lack of logic and lateral thinking going on here.

Offline BluePriestTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294373#msg294373
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 01:14:19 am »
just pointing out, from what BP just said,  i think there's a huge lack of logic and lateral thinking going on here.
Agreed

Lets look at the general type of Rainbow decks that would benifit from this.

1)FG Rainbows. Most FG rainbows use a pulvy for CC. Some people even through in a Gravity tower due to it needing enough to sustain using the pulvy enough times. Using this would not only remove 3  :gravity activation, but 3 more drained,. So in essence, this ability costs 3 :gravity to use, but drains 6 :gravity total.

2)SN Rushes. These would only be able to use this once. Many use elite chargers. You would have to remove the charger to have this card worth putting in. That alone is a big setback. Now, lets add to it that using it on yourself will destroy you using any other cards the rest of the battle. A definite last resort.

3)Immo Rushes. This suffers the same problem as SN rushes.

4)Rage Quits-It would be useful here. But draining the 3 of each element will put you in a bind if you have to use it early.

Heres a test. MAKE A DECK THAT WILL BE OP due to this change. If you cant do that, sit down, shutup, and... well, just mainly stop acting liuke it would make this card 1337
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294428#msg294428
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 02:18:15 am »
While I don't think it'll be OP, just because it drains an extra 3 :gravity doesn't mean it needs that extra 3 :gravity. Sure it would have the potential to heal 30 HP a turn, but 27 HP heal a turn isn't bad either.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294438#msg294438
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 02:30:16 am »
You need 3 :gravity in order to play the upped version. Not easy to accumulate because this card drains 6 :gravity.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294440#msg294440
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 02:32:35 am »
Not if it's not there?

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294441#msg294441
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 02:34:34 am »
SoR

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294442#msg294442
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 02:37:46 am »
Not if it's not there?
If it's not there (you have 3-5 quantum) your next black hole will have no use at all unless you can regain the gravity quantum.

Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294446#msg294446
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 02:43:37 am »
Not if it's not there?
If it's not there (you have 3-5 quantum) your next black hole will have no use at all unless you can regain the gravity quantum.
3 PA'ed pillars please! Being rainbow and all; though this all goes to death thanks to:

SoR
I tip my metaphorical hat to you XD

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • R A I N B R O S
Re: Black Hole|Black Hole https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23012.msg294448#msg294448
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:11 am »
3 PA'ed pillars please! Being rainbow and all; though this all goes to death thanks to:
So you're saying this card is best used in a deck with 3 PAs, 3 gravity pillars, and many quantum pillars?
Hah.
EDIT: Oh wow I'm not thinking today...

Try making an overpowered deck with the new version of this card. It's hard.

blarg: