*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #3 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53498.msg1137179#msg1137179
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:23 pm »
Pardon the double post but I felt this needed to be separated.

Raw Point ranges (difference between highest scorer and lowest scorer of that role) ranged from 18 to 32 with an average of 24.
The Auction should be reformed. A 10 point cost for the highest scorer is not sufficient.

andretimpa cost 10, was the highest earner in his role, and still beat the 3rd earner that cost 1 and the 2nd highest earner that cost 4.
eljoemo cost 1 and was the highest earner in his role. This just shows Boss's didn't have a good idea of value
darkripper cost 2 and was the highest earner in his role, and still beat the 3rd earner that cost 1 and the 2nd highest earner that cost 3.
theelkspeaks cost 4 and was the highest earner in his role, and still beat the 3rd earner that cost 1 and the 2nd highest earner that cost 6.
sasuk3 cost 1 and was the highest earner in his role. Dropped out, was covered by team effort
Absol cost 1 and was the highest earner in his role. Dropped out, was covered by team effort

In most of these cases the highest earner didn't cost anywhere near 10 point.
Most of your examples did not even come close to the 10 point cost bargain, so I don't quite understand. And the cap for bidding shouldn't make it so even the highest earners come out to earning the same as everyone else. We could try a higher cap, but what would you suggest, given the only person who's stats we can really say matters are andre's?
I have not been paying attention to who dropped out. That is a good point.
However I do think that the auction should be restructured to discourage 1pt bids on top players (see eljoemo) and a team should still be able to compete if it chooses a 1pt/brawler team (unlike andretimpa's opponents).

The problem is I do not have enough experience with auction based systems to be able to make a specific suggestion on how it can be improved. War has been using an auction for awhile. Maybe some War veterans will have more ideas on how it can be improved.

Brainstorming ideas (I do not have the experience to predict their effects)
1) Raise the cap
2) Have the auction not impact the starting team score
3) ???
IMO, the auction was just fine. For an event like brawl, 10 is a good score limit, going over that would just be suicide.I was reluctant to bid 4 on elk myself.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #3 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53498.msg1154960#msg1154960
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2014, 08:47:55 pm »
I'll try to be here next time ;)
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline NaesalaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Forum Brawl #3 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53498.msg1154967#msg1154967
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2014, 12:28:50 am »
Good... Gooooood
Your favorite Hotyugh

anything
blarg: