*Author

Offline SelineaTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Selinea is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Lost and Dazed
Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484637#msg484637
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:21:54 am »
Anyone here read web comics? What do you guys read?

I read Gallows Humor, Romantically Apocalyptic, Maggot Boy, and Dr. McNinja.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484641#msg484641
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:30:36 am »
I'm a webcomic connoisseur myself.

L.A.W.L.S.
Nerf This
Scout Crossing
Questionable Content
Gunnerkrigg Court
Sam and Fuzzy
Dr. McNinja
MSPA
What Do You Do
Least I Could Do
Menage a Trois
Something Positive
XKCD
Awesome Hospital
Arg!
Shortpacked
Dumbing of Age
Penny Arcade
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Jefbot
Perry Bible Fellowship
Saturday Morning Breakfast Comics
Sandra and Woo
Bittersweet Candy Bowl

And some more...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:43:00 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline McSod

• Reputation Power: 4
  • McSod is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Misanthropologist.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484645#msg484645
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:37:02 am »
Read a few m'self.

Romantically Apocalyptic is one of my favourites. I'd go so far as to call m'self a minion of zee capteen.
I also do SMBC, Goblins (mostly due to that recent contest dealie. Found it when it was beatin' out RA, though it's somethin' I feel I should'a known about beforehand), Dangerously Scene, and a bit of So... You're A Cartoonist?, used to do Questionable Content, Nerf This an' Something Awful fairly frequently but it's been a while. Used to be a rather big fan of Detective Sleuth, too.
How come, when Bogie drinks during the day everyone thinks he's all sophisticated, but when I do it, everyone's just like "Get off our little league field!"?

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484647#msg484647
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:37:54 am »
Goblins is the best webcomic ever made.
Some other ones I keep bookmarked are:
QC
Oglaf
Dr. McNinja
Shortpacked!
No Rest for the Wicked
Sequential Art

And actually reading ctrl+alt+del right now. It's average.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484649#msg484649
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 03:40:40 am »
I forgot about all the Walkyverse works.

And CAD is interesting, although it is rather tiresome outside of arcs.

And Dangerously Scene is actually called Scout Crossing
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:43:22 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484666#msg484666
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:40:17 am »
I've read quite a few webcomics via marathon archive dumps when I was bored and curious - XKCD, Goblins, and Cyanide+Happiness come to mind. The two I currently follow are Homestuck and Gunnerkrigg Court.
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline SelineaTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Selinea is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Lost and Dazed
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484668#msg484668
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 04:45:35 am »
Yay, more ways to procrastinate!

One of my friends just recommended Left Handed Toons, so I'm reading that right now. I hope I'll have time to read everything here soon (except maybe the juggernaut that is Homestuck, many Homestuck fans scare me...)

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484671#msg484671
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 04:51:15 am »
Yay, more ways to procrastinate!

One of my friends just recommended Left Handed Toons, so I'm reading that right now. I hope I'll have time to read everything here soon (except maybe the juggernaut that is Homestuck, many Homestuck fans scare me...)

Homestuck fans are... terrifyingly obsessed. Take any trope about fandoms and turn it up to eleven. The comic by itself, on the other hand, is actually really good.
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484680#msg484680
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 05:02:46 am »
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you there.  Not all of us Homestuck fans are obsessed.

Offline Arum

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hard hearts for hard days.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484686#msg484686
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 05:18:21 am »
I like:
XKCD
Cyanide and Happiness
Romantically Apocalyptic
Babylon Sticks
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484687#msg484687
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 05:23:51 am »
I read quite a few on a regular basis, but my top three are:

Girl Genius is my third most favorite. It's a bit difficult to get into at first, since it just throws you into a situation where you aren't connected to the characters, so it seems uninteresting for a little while. However, if you become interested, and work past that point, you will find quirky humor, a creative world, and many deeply fleshed out (if OP ;) ) characters.

Goblins is my second favorite. It started as a semi-generic slapstick D&D webcomic, but quickly turned into an incredible storyline. The colors are vibrant, the characters become real, and the writing is amazing. The only reason I don't place this above and beyond anything else I've touched is that there are only two updates a week, and the author occasionally misses updates due to various reasons even then. Despite this, it's brilliant webcomic.

My favorite webcomic is called Schlock Mercenary. Space mercenaries who deliver a laugh every day. The story sometimes moves slowly, due to spending time on humor, and the fact that each daily update (aside from Sunday, which is much longer) is only one line of panels, but the writer keeps you entertained, and still manages to move at a steady pace. The artwork as improved over the years, and is quite good, and these characters are also well written and likeable. There are enough that they cannot be fleshed out as much as those in Goblins, but there are still a core of characters whose personalities are quite distinct. While I cannot press any particular point forward as the webcomic's quality that makes it so good, the overall combination leaves nothing (at least for me) to be desired, and it truly is a great webcomic.

Offline McSod

• Reputation Power: 4
  • McSod is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Misanthropologist.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg484726#msg484726
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:52:07 am »
This all reminded me that it had been a week or two since I looked at Goblins (Even though I did mention in m'self). The last few pages are pretty powerful, 'fer bein' what it is. Especially after all the hubbub Thunt had with the contest and that one gal, an' the mess, with the stuff and things.

NOTE: I'm being vague, 'cus I don't mean to bring that up here, as it got itself quite out of hand. If you don't know 'bout it, count yerself lucky.

But I have to applaud the man.
How come, when Bogie drinks during the day everyone thinks he's all sophisticated, but when I do it, everyone's just like "Get off our little league field!"?

anything
blarg: