*Author

Offline KSmash

• Reputation Power: 1
  • KSmash is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Slowly Wising Up
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg1087809#msg1087809
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 08:03:27 am »
I would like to suggest a few korean webcomics that have been translated into English:

Tower of God
Magician
Dr. Frost

You can find the originals at Naver.com and the translated version at batoto.net

Offline Aknelo

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Aknelo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I got nothing...
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg1108507#msg1108507
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 09:30:40 am »
Many of the webcomics I read have been listed here, like:
QC
XKCD
Scout Crossing
Something Positive

I'm also a fan of:

Girls with Slingshots
Invisible Bread
Crazy Sunshine
The Devil's Panties (has a pretty sizeable archive, dating back to 2001)
Two Lumps
Bridges
Teahouse (18+)
Mahou Shonen Fight!
Everblue
PrinceofCats
Cans of beans

My reading taste is pretty varied!

There are other comics listed here by others that I haven't had a chance to look into yet, but have been meaning to.  Gunnerkrigg Court is one example.

Girl Genius is my third most favorite. It's a bit difficult to get into at first, since it just throws you into a situation where you aren't connected to the characters, so it seems uninteresting for a little while. However, if you become interested, and work past that point, you will find quirky humor, a creative world, and many deeply fleshed out (if OP ;) ) characters.

Girl Genius I never got into, quite likely for the reason you mentioned above, where I didn't enjoy it from the very beginning.  It didn't grab my interest and I tried reading it for I think nearly 30 pages  :(  I'm willing to try again, because I know a lot of people do think very highly of it, and it seems like the sort of genre I would enjoy.  I just couldn't get into it at the start.

Think of the last time you were happy...                 Think of the last time you were angry...

Which will you choose next time?

Offline Counting

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Counting is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Constantly Being Crazy
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg1114730#msg1114730
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 02:16:49 am »
I myself read

Questionable Content
Girls With Slingshots
Wasted Talent
Romantically Apocalyptic
C Section Comics
Devourers may eat one of any quanta and make it Dark quanta but Quantum Pillars make 3 of a random element Quanta every turn. Which is more OP? The argument for Devourers is that Devourers only eat a single one per devourer and the argument for Quantum Pillars is that it is completely random.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg1114737#msg1114737
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 03:54:37 am »
Only two, but neither have been mentioned that I saw.

The Noob
Order of the Stick

They both make fun of AD&D and other RPGs.  I also occasionally look at xkcd, but that was already mentioned.  I'm not really much of a comics person, so that's all I've got.

Offline Atom_heart

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Atom_heart is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg1114763#msg1114763
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »
XKCD, Axe Cop, Oglaf, and I absolutely love Nedroid. His 200 bad comics challenge is just genius.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Web Comics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38996.msg1114765#msg1114765
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 12:22:44 pm »
Precocious
PhD comics
Slightly Damned
The Order of the Stick
Flipside comics
Edmund Finney's Quest to find the Meaning of Life
Bittersweet Candy Bowl
Nedroid
Ozy and Millie (finished)
xkcd
Sandra and Woo
Nuklear Power (8-bit theater, How I killed your Master, The Dreadful)
Goblins
Endtown
Wizard School
Kila Ilo
Grrl Power
Kiskaloo (dead, but worth it)
Hyper Death Babies (dead, but the 'Anomaly' and 'Is this Legal?' series are priceless dark humor. Therest of the site is garbage)
Perry Bible Fellowship (mostly dead)
The Parking Lot is Full (finished)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:04:31 pm by andretimpa »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

anything
blarg: