*Author

Offline 09113664593cTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • 09113664593c is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064359#msg1064359
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:18:57 am »
What's everyones favorite book/movie
Pokemon Black FC: 2452-2719-8962 Nymphs: :aether :fire :light
Best arena deck: Bronze: Rank 8: Overcharged 72/49/ Rank 8: Lightningbow: 80/50

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064362#msg1064362
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:27:43 am »
Are you asking our favorite book/movie and saying yours is Harry Potter or asking our favorite harry potter book/movie?

The Princess Bride or Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Your favorite Hotyugh

Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064363#msg1064363
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:29:18 am »
Are you asking our favorite book/movie and saying yours is Harry Potter or asking our favorite harry potter book/movie?

The Princess Bride or Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Was asking everyones favorite Harry potter

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064455#msg1064455
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:14:29 pm »
best: 7.   6 5 4 3 2, worst: 1.

Rowling got -much- better at writing as the series moved along.  The first one or two were kinda meh.  (she used the phrase 'a pregnant pause' in book 1 about 9001 times, for example)  The later few were epic.  Every time she wrote a book, she got better.  If they'd stayed at the quality of the first one, I probably never would have finished the series, but as it turned out, it was an excellent series once you get past that.

As for movies... they were all fairly close in quality and in terms of faithfulness to the books.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064463#msg1064463
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:32:15 pm »
The half-blood prince
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline shadow303

• Reputation Power: 8
  • shadow303 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Never stop trying to improve.
  • Awards: Winner of Design An Award Icon Competition! [WC Edition]
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064468#msg1064468
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »
Regarding the books: 5, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1

So I personally liked the fifth part, Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix best, even though the last part is quite close to it.

I can't say something about Rowling's writing style, since I've read the books in my language and not the English original, anyway I somehow felt the storyline in the last two books had some "deus ex machina" like turns, which I didn't like so much, if you know what I mean.

For the movies.. there was a step-up in quality also for those from the first ones (with those pathetic mechanic stairs ;) ..) to the last ones, especially regarding special effects, but the last few were all quite close.

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064474#msg1064474
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 04:17:44 pm »
Might not technically count, but Harry Potter and The Methods of Rationality.
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064480#msg1064480
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 04:46:00 pm »
Seconded with a link
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1064483#msg1064483
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 04:49:50 pm »

I count it. I have read that before, and it was awesome... enders game reference ^_^

Actually, all I really read nowadays are Hp fanfictions.... and a few others
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:57:53 pm by 09113664593c »

Offline lycanfr3ak

• Reputation Power: 1
  • lycanfr3ak is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Haxorz FTW :D
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1153337#msg1153337
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 02:43:42 pm »
Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix all the way.  8)

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1153338#msg1153338
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »
My favorite Harry Potter, such a hard pick :P

But yeah, I love all the books for their own reasons. Philosopher's Stone might not have had the style of the later ones, but it did have that epic magical feeling that some of the later ones lacked (In books 5-7 I pretty much took Magic for granted, and it extended to RL as well sometimes XD). But yeah, near the end the books were a lot more intriguing as well. I've reread Order of The Phoenix sooo many times, I'll prolly mark it as my favorite.

The one I like the least is Chamber of Secrets I guess. Though I only read its translation.

The movies were kinda meh. Good enough, but didn't stand up to the awesomeness of the books.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Favorite Harry Potter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48796.msg1153392#msg1153392
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:20 pm »
My favorite Harry Potter is Fellowship of the R... er, I mean.. oops! Wrong show. ^^"
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

blarg: