*Author

Offline vrtTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1028717#msg1028717
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 08:32:10 am »
I go between hard round brushes and chalky ones usually. Size is pretty much always pressure-sensitive, opacity only when I need it to.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1028881#msg1028881
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »
alright, thanks.  still trying to get my bearings on this pressure sensitive stuff.  do you always work at the same zoom level, or is that just an artifact of 'speed painting' to not make people go crazy trying to figure out where in the image you are working?

in any event, trying out everything on a new cockatrice attempt... used a bird from sxc as a reference, below is current state with/without the bird in the background
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:40:39 pm by moomoose »
moose dont say moo.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1032250#msg1032250
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 05:27:47 am »
putting everything project-wise on hold, at least until im better at this stuff.  for the time being im just going to do fun stuff and not stress about it too much.

with that said, i was making a calvin and hobbes tribute-ish type thing (somewhat more realistic and grown up, inspired by http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=hobbes#/d2k8k5s - i thought it would be fun to give it a go) when i realized i am absolutely horrible at drawing humans, let alone characters that are supposed to be recognizable.  hobbes i think turned out OK, but i am stumped on calvin.  any suggestions?

Spoiler for Hidden:

the reference piece:
Spoiler for Hidden:

moose dont say moo.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1032465#msg1032465
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 10:34:12 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:

the reference piece:
Spoiler for Hidden:

HOMICIDAL PSYCHO JUNGLE CAT YES though 'grownup Calvin and Hobbes' fanart has never been very canonical to me.

That's a pretty good tiger, Moo, but on the person, the shoulders need to be raised and the body thinned. It takes practice.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1033843#msg1033843
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 07:01:04 am »
made a sketch of amigo.  why? because i was listening to devo after midnight and it just kinda happened.  that and i wanted to work on humanoid forms beyond standing staring straight forward or to the side.
Spoiler for Hidden:

moose dont say moo.

Offline shadow303

• Reputation Power: 8
  • shadow303 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Never stop trying to improve.
  • Awards: Winner of Design An Award Icon Competition! [WC Edition]
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1033879#msg1033879
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 01:07:38 pm »
made a sketch of amigo.  why? because i was listening to devo after midnight and it just kinda happened.  that and i wanted to work on humanoid forms beyond standing staring straight forward or to the side.

This sketch looks pretty cool, I really like it! With a little bit of refining this could become an awesome image.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1033998#msg1033998
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Robot guy is cool robot.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1034195#msg1034195
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
the cleaning has begun... the back leg looks awkward but not sure what to do to fix it.  added a little color to give a feel of the direction its going
Spoiler for Hidden:

moose dont say moo.

Offline shadow303

• Reputation Power: 8
  • shadow303 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Never stop trying to improve.
  • Awards: Winner of Design An Award Icon Competition! [WC Edition]
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1034226#msg1034226
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »
the back leg looks awkward but not sure what to do to fix it.

vrt or Kamietsu will for sure be able to give you better help, but for me the problem is that the legs are not parallel and it looks like the leg has some degree to to inner side. Didn't know how to explain myself.. just a sketch what I mean:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Also, I guess the knee needs to be moved a bit to the upper right to have the same angle as the other leg.

Hope this helps somehow.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:39:34 pm by shadow303 »

Offline Kamietsu

• Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1034521#msg1034521
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 09:02:49 pm »
the back leg looks awkward but not sure what to do to fix it.

vrt will for sure be able to give you better help, but for me the problem is that the legs are not parallel and it looks like the leg has some degree to to inner side. Didn't know how to explain myself.. just a sketch what I mean:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Also, I guess the knee needs to be moved a bit to the upper right to have the same angle as the other leg.

Hope this helps somehow.

I agree, the awkwardness of the leg on the right looks like it is bent at the wrong angle, or it is being lifted up or something not intended. The foot of it is also shown at a slightly different angle which is throwing it off some. Or so it appears. it might look better once it is cleaned up more since it is sort of hard to tell with the smudging still there.

On the knee(on the top portion of it), it has a backwards curve on it, which is weird when compared to the closest knee. You have the curve facing the bottom left when it should be facing the top right.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1034593#msg1034593
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 12:57:48 am »
vrt deserves a special place in heaven the forum, as he has in the community.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Between Classes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43021.msg1034613#msg1034613
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 02:45:18 am »
yeah i realized i need to position the feet directly under the shoulders and make the foot directly under the knee, danke

forgot to post the color mock up from the old version, the line work has gone under a bit more work since this, though
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:55:07 am by moomoose »
moose dont say moo.

anything
blarg: