*Author

Malduk

Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg242570#msg242570
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »
Since this assignment is made for the community, I'd like to say first that I wouldnt advise farming HBs with anything that doesnt give fast EMs, or 500HP EMs.

SUCKERS! v.1

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 710 710 710 713 713 713 71a 71a 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7t7 7t7 7t7 7t7 7t8 7t8 7ta 7ta 8pt

Turns to win12,55
Wins40
Losses6
Win ratio87%
EMs7
List of per game turns to win:
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss

I have to say that I love upgraded Suckers with Eclipse. I made this deck to have fun with it, not to get the optimal win rate per time invested ratio. And Suckers are really underused card. I made a "v.1" mark next to the title as I'm hoping to make few more decks with the same theme (not part of the Trials).
Now, just check the awesomeness that Eclipse brings in this :death / :darkness duo, apart from obvious Deathstalker buff:
Flesh Recluse - 8|4 creature for 3 :death quanta
Bloodsucker - 5|2 creature for 2 :darkness quanta
EPIC! My favorite tiny bastards.
Downside of the combo is that you need couple of Eclipse cards to get needed redundancy, but only ever can enjoy buffs from one card. Thats what I personally always disliked in this duo.

Anyway, there's nothing much to say about the deck apart from saying again how simply epic it is to get your 3 quanta 8|4 Recluse out. Its half spider, half dragon, half man, half bear, half pig.
Deck is rounded and plays easily. Dies to shield chain / CC obviously. Fire and Earth HBs were giving me most troubles; and actually ANY earth duo prolongs the fight too much.
Can it work unupped? No, there's a whole world of difference between upgraded and unupgraded Spiders and Suckers.
Stalkers are there to make a better use of Eclipse and provide you with poison damage that will make sure you win the fight even after CC or shield(s).

*Below is the first deck that doesnt fit the rules as it has a Permafrost. Keeping it alive as I like it; its a strong solid deck.

PurpleFrost

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7gl 7gl 7gp 7gp 7gr 7gr 7gr 8pp
This deck preformed outstandingly well. I call BS on its stats even though I was the one testing it  :))

Turns to win13,35
Wins40
Losses4
Win ratio90,9%
EMs9

Interesting Info:
- won 5 upped cards from those 40 wins
- won against Destiny and Obliterator by misclicking on FGs instead of HBs

Fast Obliterator win, didnt even draw the Permafrost or Arsenic.

List of turns to win per game:
loss
loss
loss
loss

About the deck:
Every deck when faced against 200HP will need some time to chew it through. This makes poison building strat (Physalia+Arsenic) even better than when against 100HP opponents, as you actually have time to build that poison. I had games that were won by ONLY Arsenic as damage dealer.

Permafrost and Squids are there to, obviously, lock the whole board, which is surprisingly easy to do against Half Bloods. If against CC heavy HB, dont even bother playing creatures. He will have troubles playing cards from his hand and will have to draw 1 per turn and hopefully even discard cards (this strat works against FGs too if you know when and against who to use it).

I tend to play SoGs AFTER I get quanta for Permafrost. Permafrost+SoG combo is completely broken in this game. You can make anything work with those in the deck. Saying that, complete lock of the board with a help of SoGs, makes EMs possible, which is usually not easy with poison decks as poison damage gets applied after the first attacker.

Now about the stats I gathered... We had to get 40 wins against HBs. Honestly, that stat sample is way too small when there are 144 different half bloods out there. I faced the same half bloods several times too.
However, relatively high win rate is expected with this deck. Poison is super hard to fight (I also never lost against any Water HB), and even if everything gets destroyed/killed on your side of the board, poison will get you that win.
I lost to fire duo twice, nuking all my permanents and rushing me, and entropy duo twice (Discord is a pain).
You can get EMs in two ways: 1) full lock of the board, 2) getting lucky with Arsenic hit after SoGs heal. I say getting lucky, as poison damage is harder to plan ahead than physical damage. It can be done though if you want to turn on your brain cells while playing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:29:38 pm by willng3 »

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: PurpleFrost! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg242577#msg242577
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »
As this is for the community, is there anyway to modify this deck into a no-rares no upgraded form?

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: PurpleFrost! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg242578#msg242578
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »
Sorry, Permafrost is banned so the deck is not legal. Nice deck though.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Malduk

Re: PurpleFrost! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg242587#msg242587
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:00:44 pm »

Only AFTER I finished this, I saw Permafrost is banned. Back to the drawing board.  :-[

MrBlonde

Re: Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg242824#msg242824
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:19:35 am »
Impressive decks malduk. I tried the stalker/eclipse route with suckers but i didn't optimize it very well so i just moved on. I went too many stalkers too little suckers and i bloated it to 34-36 cards. As you know i tend to make my decks bigger which really isn't necessarily better.

MrMojo

Re: Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg242941#msg242941
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 05:30:28 am »
Question:
How could you click FG instead of HB?
It would be pretty hard to accidentally click quests and then accidentally challenge a FG :P

Aside from that, Funky decks mang!  :)

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg243017#msg243017
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:08:37 am »
Question:
It would be pretty hard to accidentally click quests and then accidentally challenge a FG :P

I sometimes click on Quests and then FG's by instinct, without thinking. That's what you get after doing more than 2000 FG games.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Malduk

Re: Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg243229#msg243229
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:42 pm »
Question:

I sometimes click on Quests and then FG's by instinct, without thinking. That's what you get after doing more than 2000 FG games.
Yeah, what xdude said. Its more of a reflex move than an actual misclick.

cookiepirate

Re: Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg243697#msg243697
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 03:45:34 am »
Its half spider, half dragon, half man, half bear, half pig.
MANBEARPIG!
thanks malduk! you reminded me that i had to watch that episode this week

Malduk

Re: Suckers! (Death Trial Entry: HB killer) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19036.msg243959#msg243959
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »
Its half spider, half dragon, half man, half bear, half pig.
MANBEARPIG!
thanks malduk! you reminded me that i had to watch that episode this week
Spread the manbearpig awareness!! Its a serious business!

anything
blarg: Malduk