*Author

wavedash

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286708#msg286708
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 03:15:48 am »
I cut out the TU before I even tried the deck.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "if it's even needed now". Do you mean the Ghost or the Anubis?

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286711#msg286711
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:51 am »
^^
he meant anubis
and personally, I don't see the purpose of it in this deck

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286715#msg286715
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 03:24:48 am »
So, what is the TTW of this deck?

Offline NewbiecakeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286719#msg286719
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 03:28:12 am »
I cut out the TU before I even tried the deck.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "if it's even needed now". Do you mean the Ghost or the Anubis?
TU:
1) TU that flying Eternity for a field lock, or even hand lock as well.
2) Look at the Akebono screenshot!

The Anubis is good for CC gods where you can fractal your Ghosts, then play them one and Quint right away each turn in fear of the Ghosts getting killed/rewinded. But in most cases it is not needed. I kind of want to remove it, but I'm going to wait for professional advice while I test and see for myself. 

Sorry, I'm still getting to learn these jargons and acronyms. What does TTW mean?

EDIT: Time to win, I get it now, thanks wave.
EDITED EDIT: Turns To Win, I get it now, thanks wave and TII. ^.^
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

wavedash

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286720#msg286720
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 03:29:58 am »
I often get 25-30 turns to win.

^^
he meant anubis
and personally, I don't see the purpose of it in this deck
Seeing as how the Anubis often eats up a Quintessence that may as well be used on the Flown Eternity, it makes sense to cut it out. I never really do the play one quint one thing either. By the time I'm ready to play the Ghost and Fractal it, the God is usually down to around 100 HP anyways.

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286723#msg286723
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 03:36:33 am »
noobiecakes!!!
it's not "time to win"
it's "turns to win"
they are different

kobisjeruk

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286809#msg286809
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 07:04:49 am »
heres my GOTP right now and i feel like its optimal* for most FG

Code: [Select]
5rg 5rg 5t2 5t2 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7n2 7n2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7q8 7q8 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80b 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80h 80h 80h 80ii ditch anubis and went with 3 quint (for TU target)

* still need to upgrade a few things as you can see

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286826#msg286826
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:26 am »
I modified the deck to include Precognitions in place of a couple of Hourglasses (so that I could play my permanents a little more strategically in case I spot a Steal or Explosion against the AI-deck), but I'm still testing how effective that will be. I'll post that deck later. :)
I run a time nymph and an aether nymph in my version and no GotP yet. I'll maybe have a look at this tweak.

I really like the deck. I don't really think that a 1 card difference on a 55 card deck makes a huge difference. My version is also about 60% win rate. It is certainly higher that Eternal Chaos (I don't have enough data for this one but that my impression). Something I dislike with this deck however is the length of a game. It is way slower than EC. It takes forever. As 10men was telling me the other day - it is a matter of play style. I agree. When I play this deck I really miss the neurotoxin :P .

wavedash

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286919#msg286919
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 02:26:12 pm »
heres my GOTP right now and i feel like its optimal for most FG
Two Animate Weapons AND a TU? Well, the more the merrier, I suppose.

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286968#msg286968
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:33 pm »
I really appreciate the discussion here.  :)
First off, I'm not sure if I could make my point when I said this in chat, but you can effectively protect your Flying Eternity by playing it and then play a bunch of fractaled creatures, as Anubis and I think also GotP get targeted over it. Only the heaviest CC gods (Rainbow, Osiris, Neptune, Destiny) can hope to tear through an army of Anubs. That's why I generally think a second Quint isn't necessary.

Generally, my advise to all the modifications is: Keep in mind that want to minimize the number of cards that don't help you in the early game. Helpful are (roughly in that order) Hourglass, Phase Shield, Towers & Pends, SoG, Eternity. The others (AW, Anubis, GotP, TU, Quint, Fractal) are just going to clog your hand. The main goal of the deck is to survive and draw your deck. In that deck there is a package of cards that allow you to win the endgame against any (non-Decay, non-Jezebel) god. This package should be as small as possible. Here's a couple possible packages:

- 2 AW, 1 Anubis, 2 TU, 1 Quint, 1 Fractal (7 cards): The one I used in my pre 1.27 deck. This package WORKS, so any package that has more cards than this is pretty unexciting. It's disadvantage is that it's pretty slow as it has no GotP.

-2 AW, 1 Anubis, 1 GotP, 1 TU, 1 Quint, 1 Fractal (7 cards): I think this would work just as fine as you have a faster clock with GotP and might not need to go over the top with Eternity as hard. Also it's faster than the first

-1 AW, 1 Anubis, 1 GotP, 1 TU, 1 Quint, 1 Fractal (6 cards): If you're a little more greedy you could try this. The problem is that you can get max 3 Eternities, which can get awkward against certain gods with healing or more than double draw (Paradox, Fire Queen). Also because of the only one AW/Quint, it will take a long time before you can make a Flying Quinted Eternity, which can randomly win you a lot of games otherwise.

- 2 AW, 1 GotP, 1 TU, 2 Quint , 1 Fractal (7 cards): I like the idea that Anubis might not be needed anymore. Against the heavy CC gods you can probably also jog through with just a quinted GotP + one-shot Fractal, and it has 2 of both AW and Quint meaning it can get flying Eternity faster.
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline NewbiecakeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg286986#msg286986
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »
Oh wow thanks for you advise 10 men! I think I prefer package 4 because the 2 Quints for your flying Eternities are necessary. AI target priority Anubis > Flying Eternity > GotP. Hence, you really need 2 Quints in you want at least 3 Eternities out at once. Furthermore, if you want to ensure your early flying Eternity is safe against CC.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

kobisjeruk

Re: I've GotP Time (1.27 Time-Aether FG Grinder) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028.msg287027#msg287027
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 07:11:10 pm »
I really appreciate the discussion here.  :)
First off, I'm not sure if I could make my point when I said this in chat, but you can effectively protect your Flying Eternity by playing it and then play a bunch of fractaled creatures, as Anubis and I think also GotP get targeted over it. Only the heaviest CC gods (Rainbow, Osiris, Neptune, Destiny) can hope to tear through an army of Anubs. That's why I generally think a second Quint isn't necessary.
originally i've written a lengthy explanation regarding my choice in response to what noobiecakes said...but decided maybe nobody else share that thought process

but since 10 men also use the same reasoning, i'll try to reiterate...
if you choose to wait to fly your eternity...you have wasted a shit tons of potential that this deck could do
having 2 rewind action and 2 creatures on the opposite side (that they could play every turn barring any draw) means a complete lockdown
if you wait for something like a massive fractal or anubis + TU and shit else...theres really no point playing AW because you've just wasted all those time for nothing because by then the FG has already drawn a bunch of new cards. you've lost your edge
and seriously, if you have the quanta to fractal spam, arent you supposed to be winning anyway? which seems weird to me since originally you get 2 rewind action to lock their board and draw etc so you cam build up your hand, quanta for a massive OTK spam

or maybe i'm just playing this deck differently than you guys (because i'm so used to save fractal for last playing CCYB for EM purpose and bypassing Miracle shenanigans)
in any case, i'd rather have 3 rewind action to fight something like feral bond spam or bonewalls rather than playing GotP (after an early fractal) 1 by 1 every turn

regarding 3 quints...2 is enough but the third for any TU target...after anubis is gone, TU is the weakest link right now imo but it is so flexible that i've decided to keep it in for now, so the 3rd quint will keep all my creatures protected....until that OTK fractal spam they wont have any way to deal with my critters

blarg: