*Author

Active members:
Amilir(1) Terroking(1) WakSkylicker(1) Vineroz(1) Nepycros(1) GG(1) Dogg(1) jippy99(1) TStar(1) Xenocidius(1) agentflare(1) Kardo(1) Gertful(1) orichalcum(1) Dr. Jekyl(1) lion34(1) Rember(1) Holokausti(1) s0n1k(1) Odii Odsen(1) taker(1) Plantifant(1) tsgreen(1) Celiel(1) Kurohami(1) RammsteiH(1) violenceisanart(1) nco(1) Vago(1) Marvgaroth(1) Corri(1) taejin(1) Atico(1) rockzo(1) Smile(1) Ifailgood(1) Dm1321(1) Provolone(1) ji412jo(1) jacker(1) Sk1llsIll(1) Toxx(1) RogueSensei(1) silinda(1) Keoky(1) DonceB(1) Belligerence(1) wittgenstein(1) drolly(1) .Edward.(1) BunKeR(1) Svenningen(1) mildlyfrightenedboy(1) Drake_XIV(1) Nightlark(1) FuryGhost(1) DarkBaron12390(1) Dopha(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) stevy4(1) Acacia Avenue(1) dspn23(1) Gemini(1) KeY533(1) RyanTheHood(1) Werdbooty(1) Altissimus(1) Zam888(1) juan_de_diablo(1) Bolz(1) makapse(1) umgrego2(1) redeyesly(1) jumpingbeans(1) whatifidogetcaught?(1) iancudorinmarian(1) crosscounter(1) dragtom(1) takezoido(1) mesaprotector(1) bob8willie(1) VegeForsaken(1) 10 men(2) Rastafla(2) Essence(2) Demagog(2) pikachufan2164(2) mycale(2) Dark Weaver(2) ninetyfools(2) Brontos(2) bmd(2) jonathancrazyj(2) hell7fire1(2) qwerter(2) coldfusion(2) Night_Zero(2) geekz_always_win(2) r2krebirth(2) nolf(2) rickerd(2) mrtwigie01(2) PoLdeR(2) Marvaddin(2) semibalanus(2) Lex(2) Troh(2) d1puffpuff(2) AP579(2) Wizy(2) Arum(2) ThePolaris(2) Opsinis(2) Fippe94(2) Joe21(2) Junkers(2) taubej05(2) mikpj(2) BloodlinE(3) MartyrX(3) Max Fire(3) xsindomanx(3) Jocko(3) mwaetht(3) Khaalis(3) ashashin(3) zaen(3) The Chosen One(3) Foraker(3) Bloom(3) loadquo(4) Elite Arbiter(4) omegareaper7(4) frlaa(4) Colossus(4) kurathedog(4) ralouf(4) calindu(4) bogtro(4) Pyrodinium(4) ddevans96(4) Ephesar(4) BluePriest(5) TheForbiddenOracle(5) justaburd(5) choongmyoung(5) burpcow(6) eaglgenes101(6) Luminous(6) YoungSot(7) willng3(7) Zso_Zso(7) bobknows(7) bob t billdr(7) Pineapple(8) Gandora(8) dragonsdemesne(9) UnderneathTheLens(9) zhangvict(10) Assassine(12) Poker Alho(13) Jenkar(15) pulli23(16) Absol(17) Reid4891(17) Higurashi(19) kimham8a(23) furballdn(34) Chapuz(35) Sevs(56)

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006441#msg1006441
« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2012, 05:34:20 am »
how does the new rule for supernovas influence the instosis deck? Is it a problem that you can only play one supernova per turn safely or doesn't it make any big difference?
Not that big actually. It might slow you down a bit in the beginning, but you can chain sundials to stop your singularities from hurting you, and as long as your hp isn't too low, just pull off the combo. The negative attack singularities will act before your instosis combo that deals >200 damage happens

And another question: are there any rumors about nerfs that would touch this deck? I would think that the supernova nerf, the sundial nerf and maybe to some degree the max 75 quanta rule had impacts on the efficiency of instosis.
As stated above, SN nerf barely hurts it. The sundial nerf which makes AIs target sundials does hurt this more, and especially with 2 FGs getting SoFo. However, this still remains one of the best FG farmers even after these nerfs. The quanta cap does not affect this at all (You could put the quanta cap at 20 and still instosis won't suffer

Offline Ephesar

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Ephesar is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • cardflipper and dicechukker
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006483#msg1006483
« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2012, 12:05:40 pm »
Hey furballdn!

Thanks for your reply!

You are obiously right, the quanta cap doesn't touch this deck. Should have thought of that before.

From what I read, instosis really seems to be the best fg-farmer. Although I was thinking about an aether deck, too. But the instosis deck thread on this forum has some great suggestions how to bolster the deck up against certain fg with only a few more upgraded cards.

All the best,

Ephesar

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006488#msg1006488
« Reply #578 on: October 09, 2012, 12:22:15 pm »
how does the new rule for supernovas influence the instosis deck? Is it a problem that you can only play one supernova per turn safely or doesn't it make any big difference?
Not that big actually. It might slow you down a bit in the beginning, but you can chain sundials to stop your singularities from hurting you, and as long as your hp isn't too low, just pull off the combo. The negative attack singularities will act before your instosis combo that deals >200 damage happens

And another question: are there any rumors about nerfs that would touch this deck? I would think that the supernova nerf, the sundial nerf and maybe to some degree the max 75 quanta rule had impacts on the efficiency of instosis.
As stated above, SN nerf barely hurts it. The sundial nerf which makes AIs target sundials does hurt this more, and especially with 2 FGs getting SoFo. However, this still remains one of the best FG farmers even after these nerfs. The quanta cap does not affect this at all (You could put the quanta cap at 20 and still instosis won't suffer

Well supernova nerf does hurt in the sense that you can't spam it at turn 3 to get quickly 3 hourglasses out..

I myself am now running a 31-card variant with an extra tower splashed in, and un-upgrading 2 sundials (so 4 upgraded now instead of earlier 6). The QI is exactly the same, however now muligan never screws me over anymore - making the EFFECTIVE time quantum actually higher. Only problem now is that I have a slightly less chance on hourglasses - and you need to draw 1 more (though I often still find myself having a "left over" draw at the last turn so the 31 card version isn't slower).

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006498#msg1006498
« Reply #579 on: October 09, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »
I myself am now running a 31-card variant with an extra tower splashed in, and un-upgrading 2 sundials (so 4 upgraded now instead of earlier 6).
Nice idea though. I found that 6 unupped sundials seems even more solid, since you will always have the tower from first. I'll use this version instead. Thanks a lot.
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline Reid4891

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Reid4891 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006507#msg1006507
« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »
I myself am now running a 31-card variant with an extra tower splashed in, and un-upgrading 2 sundials (so 4 upgraded now instead of earlier 6).
Nice idea though. I found that 6 unupped sundials seems even more solid, since you will always have the tower from first. I'll use this version instead. Thanks a lot.
There is pro and con, since you have to spend 6  :time to play 6 unupped sundials. It seems irrelevant, but it's not, trust me, especially against rush decks. Also not having sundials nor horuglasses at the start on your hand can be more fatal than not having towers.

Btw, last FG game today  ;D :

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:05:47 pm by Reid4891 »

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006589#msg1006589
« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2012, 10:10:25 pm »
Hey furballdn!

Thanks for your reply!

You are obiously right, the quanta cap doesn't touch this deck. Should have thought of that before.

From what I read, instosis really seems to be the best fg-farmer (on the forum anyway). Although I was thinking about an aether deck, too. But the instosis deck thread on this forum has some great suggestions how to bolster the deck up against certain fg with only a few more upgraded cards.

All the best,

Ephesar

Poison Dials took the title of best FG farmer a while ago. It also EM's constantly with extra HP with SoD.
Hey there

Offline Ephesar

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Ephesar is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • cardflipper and dicechukker
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006744#msg1006744
« Reply #582 on: October 10, 2012, 10:17:51 am »
Hey kimham8a!

Nice to know!

As I have all the cards needed for the instosis deck (at least unupgraded) I think I will stick with that one.
Sadly, I do not own 6 shards of sacrifice :-)

Maybe if I'd had the cards, I would go for the poison stall deck.

Thanks and greetz,

Ephesar
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:12:58 am by Ephesar »

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006783#msg1006783
« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:03 pm »
Hey furballdn!

Thanks for your reply!

From what I read, instosis really seems to be the best fg-farmer (on the forum anyway). Although I was thinking about an aether deck, too. But the instosis deck thread on this forum has some great suggestions how to bolster the deck up against certain fg with only a few more upgraded cards.

All the best,

Ephesar

Poison Dials took the title of best FG farmer a while ago. It also EM's constantly with extra HP with SoD.

i might have to disagree with you there, Instosis may have a smaller win-rate but it has a much faster ttw. Not sure how much electrum both decks can earn you in an hour, but taking in consideration that you win the most money from selling upped cards from spins, i would say Instosis is still the way to go to farm FGs

Offline SevsTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006787#msg1006787
« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2012, 04:07:24 pm »
Hey furballdn!

Thanks for your reply!

All the best,

Ephesar

i might have to disagree with you there, Instosis may have a smaller win-rate but it has a much faster ttw. Not sure how much electrum both decks can earn you in an hour, but taking in consideration that you win the most money from selling upped cards from spins, i would say Instosis is still the way to go to farm FGs

From the stats it is 40 electrum better per hour, which means it is too close to tell as RNG plays a part. The difference in game time with skips is actually only 15 seconds between the two.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reid4891

• Reid4891 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006854#msg1006854
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2012, 11:06:56 pm »

I've been doing a lot better in this new update (partial of these last 500 games is 57%), having reached also 55,5% for a little while, then dropped to the definitive 55,07%. Chaos Lord took the scepter of the most frequent FG from Seism and I added a trend ( I increased my win ratio the most with Hecate, and decreased it the most with Jezebel).

Some adjustments from 1000 test:

EASY (>75%)

Lionheart -> RAWR! My favorite puppy!
Paradox
Neptune
Miracle
Elidnis
Destiny
Gemini -> Gemini is a bit slower version of Ferox in term of rashness
Serket -> It keeps getting easier and easier for me
Fire Queen
Incarnate -> New entry!
Ferox -> New entry!

MEDIUM (75%-50%)

Morte
Scorpio
Obliterator
Seism -> I play it by playing a time tower at turn, making it use a quicksand on it, then playing another one. Use at most one Hourglasses unless it dropped many creatures fast.
Akebono -> I had some interesting matches vs him. In one it made a Chimera at the middle of the game, I didn't have sundials anymore nor enough SoR but still played the combo without playing my Blitz and Chimera. Result: its chimera destroyed. Even if it can overdrive your mitosed Dragon in the next turn you can still probably win in 2 turns (it can't probably make a comeback without creatures unless it's very lucky with the draws).  So my tip is: start to play sundials by turn 2, try to rush your hand and keep your health at max.
Graviton

HARD (50%-25%)

Divine Glory -> imho it's better to play fast with Sundials from turn 2 here.
Chaos Lord -> it would be A LOT easier without that damn Discord.
Octane
Jezebel -> I'm trying an experiment on it (not really going well), still working in progress.
Rainbow
Decay -> If you start the game, and you have at least 2 towers, 1 SN and 1 hourglass (yeah I know it's not very often), play Hourglasses on round 2. It will steal your Hourglasses instead of playing a Pest, which means your quanta won't be drained and you can play your SN.
Osiris -> Stop playing stuff when it plays a SoFo and hope for it to be catapulted. Still not a good FG to face.
Hermes -> I wonder how I got it so high, my face everytime I see it as an opponent is  >:(

PROHIBITIVE (<25%)

Hecate -> Oh this got a lot better (almost +10%). But I really don't know why, didn't really changed strategy, probably just luck.
Eternal Phoenix
Dark Matter
Dream Catcher -> It' still my #1 enemy.

Offline Joe21

• Joe21 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Aiming to shards
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006918#msg1006918
« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2012, 07:01:10 am »
Reid, your guide is simply awesome!

I'd like to know what version of Instosis are you using and, since your incredible experience with this deck, detailed playing tips for every FG that noobish player like me could use instead of the one in the OP.

It
 would be great!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:37:18 pm by Joe21 »
The life is too precious to just leave it in the hands of destiny

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Instosis [FG][OTK][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32309.msg1006935#msg1006935
« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2012, 10:19:47 am »
@reid: as I said I added 1 tower, making it 31 cards. So as (normally) each tower brings at least 2 time quantum, swapping out the sundials is not "negative". & thanks to the mulligan I can prevent seism of demolishing all my towers - I get enough in start hand to play them 1 by 1 and keep a few for some turns.

On a second note: how the hell did you get so high vs rainbow. He's like my worst nightmare as he can screw you over at any point in the game. (compared to chaos lord who isn't actual hard imo after you got supernovae out). Really that massive amount of CC takes away each and every hourglass. Even dreamcatcher is "easier" - just play till you see a butterfly effect.

Lost 2 times in a row to lionheart thanks to all my hourglasses in last 8 cards -.-

blarg: