*Author

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg70593#msg70593
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 12:36:10 pm »
What if Adrenalined+BasiliskBlooded? Takes four turns per turn? Oh, awesome.

Not really OP, neither UP. This has to be used well.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

finkel

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg70614#msg70614
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 01:12:05 pm »
I like it. A nice addition to time, especially since ideally if your opponent tried to use it against you you could rewind it and avoid taking damage ^_^

Wisemage

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg70798#msg70798
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 09:10:38 pm »
What if Adrenalined+BasiliskBlooded? Takes four turns per turn? Oh, awesome.

Not really OP, neither UP. This has to be used well.
0 attack, does it still take 4 turns?

finkel

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72087#msg72087
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:53 am »
I supposed adrenaline+basilisk blood+blessing would work, but at that point of complexity, adrenalined flying arsenics will do as much plus the 2 stacking poison damage.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72223#msg72223
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 07:10:23 am »
the only problem which why i think it is overpowered is because a simple quint will stop all lightning/thunder/RoF/plague....
so Tock+Bas Blood + quint = whenever you want it to go off (but then there is 20 turns to go ^^)
i think plate armour would go better than basilisk blood but anything works
Tock+Plate  +  PU/Fract --> add anubis and you have invincible tocks that have massive damage and cannot be stopped

which in my eyes is overpowered :/ hrmmm

Arondight

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72232#msg72232
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 07:57:51 am »
Waiting enough turns even when they're immortal seems annoying to me. So, I think the idea would be a borderline okay addition. I don't like how time would get a damage dealing ability, though. I see time as more of manipulating turns and the flow of the game. But, it does work itself nicely into the already existing time cards that achieve that.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72241#msg72241
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 08:27:28 am »
I don't like how time would get a damage dealing ability, though.
evolve and hatch are both time based, and involve attack improvement.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72246#msg72246
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 08:43:37 am »
Loving the idea, confused by the effects. By 'double' the turns it was in play, do you also count the turns the opponent takes?

Example:
I win the coin flip and go first.
I play the card on my first turn (1) . End turn.
Opponent goes on his first turn (2). End.
I use Maintenance (3). End.
Opponent uses a spell to kill Tick (4). End.

Opponent takes 8 damage total from Tick being in play for 4 turns.

Or is it:
I win the coin flip and go first.
I play the card on my first turn (1) . End turn.
Opponent goes on his first turn. End.
I use Maintenance (2). End.
Opponent uses a spell to kill Tick. End.

Opponent takes 4 damage total from Tick being in play for 2 turns.

Arondight

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72296#msg72296
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 12:16:44 pm »
I don't like how time would get a damage dealing ability, though.
evolve and hatch are both time based, and involve attack improvement.
The problem there is that Evolve is on an Earth creature and hatch is attaining a random creature, the latter always having a chance of not ensuring damage (Otyugh, Death Nymph, Graviton Firemaster, etc.).

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72551#msg72551
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 07:40:07 pm »
I appreciate all the feedback.

the only problem which why i think it is overpowered is because a simple quint will stop all lightning/thunder/RoF/plague....
so Tock+Bas Blood + quint = whenever you want it to go off (but then there is 20 turns to go ^^)
i think plate armour would go better than basilisk blood but anything works
Tock+Plate  +  PU/Fract --> add anubis and you have invincible tocks that have massive damage and cannot be stopped

which in my eyes is overpowered :/ hrmmm
You're absolutely right that tock+basilisk+quint would do 40 damage.  Since it'd take 20 turns and three elements to pull off, I don't think it's OP.  Same with tock+plate+PU+quint.  Fractal, as someone pointed out above, is messy to pull off cuz you need one time tower per tock to maintain, and that really ties your hands to using any other cards.  It's awesome that you're winding up (pun intended) to do a bunch of damage but you are hemmorhaging quantum and it'll be hard to provide defense, control, etc.  I expect people would try all of the strategies you just described, but in some ways a tock deck wouldn't be dissimilar to a fire lance deck, except that it's arguably more fragile and transparent.

In Kuroaitou's example, Tick would do 4 damage, not 8.

Arondight, your concerns over adding a damage dealing ability to Time are totally reasonable.  If you want to keep Time as a supplement to earth or rainbow, this card isn't a good addition.  I think making every element viable as a mono/duo is the way to go and I don't think that Time is currently quite there.  That's not an argument that all elements should be the same or have the same kinds of cards.  But I think Tick/Tock is a good fit with the element, provides the game with something new and fun, and makes Time more viable as a primary element.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg72679#msg72679
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 10:38:21 pm »
actually i think this isn't OP anymore, it seems too hard to get up to decent damage if it's only per your turns and also it's too weak to play just a deck for these

after i've looked in proper detail -- this is a good card! :D

blessed a few times would be good too
i dont usually see many  :light/ :time combos out there!

bojengles77

Re: Tick | Tock https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6640.msg75261#msg75261
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 05:27:27 pm »
Great card and the idea is ingenious for the time element. It's survivability makes it balanced - poor aurvivability. Maybe making the damage cap at 30 or so would make sense but an otyugh cam take this out early along with any CC. It's hard to keep alive without quintessence. I think the damage cap would make this a great card

anything
blarg: