*Author

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Natural Selection | Evolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34415.msg437317#msg437317
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 06:26:38 am »
Ive been reading these posts off and on.

I have some possible suggestions

Natural selection:
Once per turn, one of your weakest creatures will be replaced by a copy of your strongest creature. (still fits in with natural selection: replacement of the weak by the strong)

Evolution:
Once per turn, One of your weakest creatures will gain +2|+2 (still fits in with evolution. The weak must become stronger over time to survive)

By weakest or strongest I mean one with the lowest or highest sum of stats (health + attack)

I think these suggestions are thematic without intruding on the realms of other elements.

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Natural Selection | Evolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34415.msg508230#msg508230
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 06:42:18 am »
Saw that this got into Forge, so not sure if necroing is still frowned upon.  I love this idea, and anybody that thinks that this is OP with fractal sparks is a moron, no offense.   Woo for 56 damage on turn 4 (I think that was the example back in the day)  my cremation rush can get 3 turn wins, 5 turn wins extremely easily with suboptimal draws, compared to the perfect scenario of pillar draws, empty hand, so on.  (and due to the nature of cremation, this is infinitely weaker to quanta denial)

On a different note, I would love to see this implemented, its some soft anti-CC for life, which needs some kind of protection.  However, I feel like darkrobes input (oh so long ago) fits more thematically, but I simply don't like it as much, it doesn't quite fill a niche like the current card does.  Also, the upped version seems very UP to me.  Take frogs, life's best upped rusher.  +2 defense will still let it be in range for any CC, ignoring some bolts, and if you have multiple, it doesn't get any stronger than that, so you have a bunch of mid range attacker.  5 turns would bring you to about a 3rd of the way through you deck, so assume you have 2 frogs out, 8 quanta for 14 attack is good, but really not amazing, especially considering the fact that it requires 3 cards.

The current version is fine imo, people have complained that it treads to much on death, well life all ready has poison, and is inexplicably linked with death, plus, the names fit thematically, and the mechanic fits the name.  Posting here to show my support for this card, and maybe get some new, not outdated feedback (a lot has happened in those 6 months or so)
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline eljoemo

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Natural Selection | Evolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34415.msg1096927#msg1096927
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 10:34:57 pm »
I really like this card for life. It fits with life's lack of control and focus on damage output. Also could be used with some interesting combos for damage output. One problem though, if someone where to play natural selection, then a spark, a phase salvager then another spark, technically would they not attack endlessly. The first spark would die generating a new phase salvager then the old salvager would die generating a new spark then the old spark would die etc. This would either instakill the opponent or if they had a shield just break the game. Other than that little glitch i really want this card in the game.
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

anything
blarg: