*Author

zse

Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 [POLL] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262892#msg262892
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 07:27:18 pm »
OM*G! Was Damselfly really so good that it deserves to lose 50% of it's attack? Really?!?

This nerf will ruin the card for what it was: annoying little bugger that wasn't quite worth using CC, but if left alone easily dealt dozen or more damage in a game. Attack 1 is stopped with almost every shield, and the risk of losing your quanta source compared to the damage output it potentially deals, will make this totally useless card with this nerf. Just let the Damselfly have it's 2 attack! May it cost 1 :air, 1 :rainbow or 0, I don't care, but do not nerf its attack. >:(

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263206#msg263206
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2011, 01:58:52 am »
NOOOO!  This is a HUGE nerf for :air !  Damselfly just went from a badass finisher w/Sky Blitz to...fodder. :(
Don't know if you were being sarcastic, but either way I agree with your statement.

This is a painful nerf to damselfly.... It basically ruins my deck http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18220.0.html (http://Fragile Flyers)

It will probably add a turn to the TTW. Really unhappy about this.

2|1 means 8 damage per turn, with adren. That is a nice card. 1|1 is like a joke. Super vulnerable and no bite either.

I am sad this will ruin my deck :(
From a ttw standpoint, this is a huge nerf to damselfly.  Even before skyblitz, damselfly was a pro card few people knew about.  I don't like this change at all.  Damselfly was fine as is.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 [POLL] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263208#msg263208
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 02:04:54 am »
Damselfly has been changed in the Trainer again.  Its stats are now 2|1 with no cost.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

kintar

Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 [POLL] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263218#msg263218
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:21 am »
Damselfly has been changed in the Trainer again.  Its stats are now 2|1 with no cost.
That actually makes it worth using IMO. Air doesn't benefit much from quanta producers anyways, so being slightly stronger than the other quanta producing creatures shouldn't be a problem.

Offline truddy02

• Reputation Power: 1
  • truddy02 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 [POLL] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263244#msg263244
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 02:39:08 am »
At 2|1 with no cost this card is awesome and probably bumps Powerful Wyrms ahead of destroyer rush in ttw.  I think it could be a bit much to have a free 2|1 creature with an ability but it certainly would be totally game changing.  Upped Wyrm is a useable midrange attacker on it's own but air does not have an upgraded card that has an attack 2 or more above cost like many other elements have so it would be reasonable to have a more powerful 0 cost creature than other elements.  It is still not as powerful as RoL, with it's Hope synergy so I think it would be fine to stay at these new stats.  I also would not complain if it was reverted back to original stats. 

Edit:  I just realized that destroyer rush may become faster as well using free gemfinders as cremation fodder so it may be a battle as to which gains more by these buff, Powerful Wyrms or destroyer rush.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263278#msg263278
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:10 am »
F***ING SWEET.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

icybraker

Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263283#msg263283
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 03:05:23 am »
Thanks for hearing us out, Zanz ;)

This was much-needed and adds synergy to :air. I'll contribute to Damselfly statistics soon enough.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 [POLL] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263287#msg263287
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 03:08:22 am »
At 2|1 with no cost this card is awesome and probably bumps Powerful Wyrms ahead of destroyer rush in ttw.  I think it could be a bit much to have a free 2|1 creature with an ability but it certainly would be totally game changing.  Upped Wyrm is a useable midrange attacker on it's own but air does not have an upgraded card that has an attack 2 or more above cost like many other elements have so it would be reasonable to have a more powerful 0 cost creature than other elements.  It is still not as powerful as RoL, with it's Hope synergy so I think it would be fine to stay at these new stats.  I also would not complain if it was reverted back to original stats. 

Edit:  I just realized that destroyer rush may become faster as well using free gemfinders as cremation fodder so it may be a battle as to which gains more by these buff, Powerful Wyrms or destroyer rush.
Since :air has no pumpable spell a free 2/1 card isn't that OP.  :air is a pretty agressive like :fire sans the PC, so it makes sense it should be pretty fast.

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263295#msg263295
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011, 03:18:21 am »
Mono-air is quite brutal with these, make no mistake.  Only did two battles, but ~7ttw isn't bad.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263319#msg263319
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 03:46:57 am »
Wooo!! Our words have been heard. Removing poll as it is no longer applicable.

This poll was applicable back when the Damselfly was free to play and generated :air but was 1|1 :

Yeah I voted nerf.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263362#msg263362
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 05:38:29 am »
Yeah I am happy that Zanz is open for suggestions, you don't see this in to many games.

Everyone happy now? :D

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg263470#msg263470
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 10:41:59 am »
Hey! I didn't get to vote... :(

On another note though - despite its shared damage with Brimstone Eater and Ash Eater, the :fire equivalents are better served for Cremation fodder in fire-rushes and don't need to be upped to deal that 2 damage. Nonetheless, great buff indeed to the little bugger (no pun intended), and if there's a featured card article about this guy, it'll be easier to write about him (and find some decks as well). ^^;

anything
blarg: