*Author

gavsword

Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262302#msg262302
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:40 pm »
Making Damselfly a 2|1 for free, or even a 3|1 (crazy, I know) would make me happy. It's frankly barely worth upgrading.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262316#msg262316
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 12:04:35 am »
how about making the upgraded a 2/1 and keep the air production?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262320#msg262320
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 12:05:51 am »
Lose the air production? That is what made this card fun in the first place! That was there before the buff.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262325#msg262325
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:49 am »
Lose the air production? That is what made this card fun in the first place! That was there before the buff.
oops. typo. i meant keep. i was thinking about my own card
My Decks

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262337#msg262337
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 12:15:44 am »
I don't believe it was.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262340#msg262340
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 12:17:28 am »
suit yourself
My Decks

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262343#msg262343
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:01 am »
?    What just happened. I thought I was replying to a post that said "Why did the nerf the unupped? O.o"

I didn't mean to question your response.

Am I hallucinating? Did a post get deleted?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262359#msg262359
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 12:26:53 am »
oh. do you remember who posted it?
My Decks

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262361#msg262361
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 12:27:49 am »
Nope. The user pic had some red in it though.

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262396#msg262396
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 12:57:32 am »
Stop spamming this thread with one sentence responses that have nothing to do with the card change please.

I agree that the unupped change is good, but the upgraded one isn't.  A) because it was useful before and B) because it's now the exact same as RoL, air version.

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262398#msg262398
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:01 am »
Fine. Back on topic.

I would disagree. I like the new upgraded one.
It makes sense thematically that an insect would have no cost.
It isn't a clone of RoL because it has more health, makes  :air, and doesn't combo with Hope.
Though I'll admit this card still isn't very strong, it isn't supposed to be.
The upped one is an air pillar with 1 attack, essentially. I see nothing wrong with that.

icybraker

Re: Dragonfly | Damselfly change 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg262406#msg262406
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 01:05:19 am »
Fine. Back on topic.

I would disagree. I like the new upgraded one.
It makes sense thematically that an insect would have no cost.
It isn't a clone of RoL because it has more health, makes  :air, and doesn't combo with Hope.
Though I'll admit this card still isn't very strong, it isn't supposed to be.
The upped one is an air pillar with 1 attack, essentially. I see nothing wrong with that.
It's not a clone of RoL... it's weaker. Its extra point of health really doesn't change anything. RoL is cool because it can couple with Hope to great effect. Gemfinder is cool because it's great in a Golem deck for much-needed :earth quanta. However, the new Damselfly doesn't really have any of this dynamic; it's just a pillar as a creature. And creatures are susceptible to creature control, especially one this fragile.

What's wrong with this is that it does nothing to make this woebegone card more popular. With Sky Blitz, the previous Damselfly could see some action. Now, it loses even that.

blarg: