*Author

Offline Monox D. I-FlyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269164#msg1269164
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:17:20 am »
Trying to make decks based on Animal Kaiser cards before the site get updated and the old version cards are lost. This one was named after this card:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5of 5on 5on 5on 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5op 5op 5op 5op 5op 5op 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 8pr

It's quite scary (well, typical Air element), but no CC sucks.
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Forlorn Kaiser

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Forlorn Kaiser is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269174#msg1269174
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:18:02 pm »
I don't want to be the biggest deck critic around but I saw this and I realized one thing quite instantly:

SoFre and Sky Blitz seems a lot of overkill. As do 40 cards for an air blitz. I'd personally kill the 6 sky blitz, shockwave and 2-3 wings. One single Dragon also feels slightly... random.
Wings vs Fog Shield is also a matter of discussion. I guess you're keeping it because of flavor, but I prefer Fog Shield due to the cheap cost.

As an example, here's the unupped air blitz I ran (and yes I know it's shardless, I have 4 of every other shard but not a single SoFre):
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5oc 5oc 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5of 5of 5og 5og 5oi 5oi 5oi 5ol 5ol 5ol 5ol 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 8pr

of course it's slower than any other SoFre blitz but I like this version, especially because of the flying OE providing the much needed/wanted CC. (Shockwave acts the same in your deck though, if you need it to.)

• Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269186#msg1269186
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:53:30 am »
SoFre and Sky Blitz seems a lot of overkill. As do 40 cards for an air blitz. I'd personally kill the 6 sky blitz, shockwave and 2-3 wings.
Right. Should have kept it down to 1. After all, it drains all Air quanta, right? By the way, does the effect of Sky Blitz and Shard of Freedo, stack?

One single Dragon also feels slightly... random.
Wings vs Fog Shield is also a matter of discussion. I guess you're keeping it because of flavor, but I prefer Fog Shield due to the cheap cost.
I keep it with "sky" in mind as the deck's theme. That's why I put the Dragon and chose Wings over Fog Shield.
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269207#msg1269207
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 12:38:15 am »
By the way, does the effect of Sky Blitz and Shard of Freedo, stack?

Yes.

Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269210#msg1269210
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 01:49:38 am »
By the way, does the effect of Sky Blitz and Shard of Freedo, stack?

Yes.

So, we can use quadruple attack points with those cards?

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269211#msg1269211
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 01:55:26 am »

Not quite. If you use sky blitz on an airborne creature and SoFree is triggered by it it's 3x damage. For example an azure dragon is hit with sky blitz making it's attack 18 and SoFree adds 50% to that damage making the damage 27 or 9x3.

Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269223#msg1269223
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 06:11:04 am »

Not quite. If you use sky blitz on an airborne creature and SoFree is triggered by it it's 3x damage. For example an azure dragon is hit with sky blitz making it's attack 18 and SoFree adds 50% to that damage making the damage 27 or 9x3.

Oops, my bad. I thought Shard of Freedom gives double damage instead of just 50%.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269236#msg1269236
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 12:20:15 pm »
double power sofr  :o would be a decent enough reason to quit the game
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Re: Virtuous Skies https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64935.msg1269238#msg1269238
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 12:55:29 pm »
Right, currently I think Air is stronger than Aether.

blarg: