*Author

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg427428#msg427428
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »
Now that I think of it, SoS and SoC could use a type switch. SoS is still considered a bit imba, so make it a risky permanent to use, while making SoC into a spell effect.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

DeathAngelx

Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg427442#msg427442
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »
Oooo, sounds like a stall-destroyer to me >;3

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg427462#msg427462
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:52 pm »
What gg said!!
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg429845#msg429845
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »
One thing that sticks out to me about this card is that it hurts monos and duos far more than rainbows. Most rainbows won't even notice until you play three of them. A lot of us (as demonstrated by the continual discussions to nerf Supernova, Discord, etc.) would like to see monos and duos made more competitive. So I have a weird idea.

How about, instead of limiting the number of quanta in each element, this card limits the number of elements from which you can use quanta? One shard = 6 elements, two shards = 3 elements, three shards = 2 elements, etc. To keep the advantage for Aether, having an :aether mark could allow a fourth shard to limit your opponent to one element. This would make it a really strong (maybe too strong) counter to rainbows.

I'm not quite sure how this would work, but I have an idea. When one of these is played, your opponent's six smallest quanta stacks could be set to zero, for as long as the shard is in play. This would seriously cripple a rainbow deck, but monos/duos/trios wouldn't even be affected until 3-4 shards were played.

Is this idea completely crazy, or could it work? 
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg429846#msg429846
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:43 pm »
I think that could work.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg429849#msg429849
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:17 pm »
I am not sure I know what this card does....
does it limit the maximum quanta you can accumulate or something?

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg429851#msg429851
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2011, 10:21:31 pm »
I am not sure I know what this card does....
does it limit the maximum quanta you can accumulate or something?
Yes.  Similar to how currently you are unable to accumulate more than 75 quanta of any element, this would reduce that amount further.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Max Fire

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Max Fire is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg431357#msg431357
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2011, 09:42:34 am »
I hope the upgraded version will be better.

baracole

Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg436752#msg436752
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »
I have not read the whole thread, but i must say i'm am not very excited about this new shard. First of all, i don't see the connection with aether; messing with quanta is more a gravity thing, or darkness. (Not to mention discord.) Secondly, it is a shard which for me relies too much on changing 'the rules' of the game, i.e. influencing the quanta cap. is directly interfering with the parameters we are given, instead of trying to make a strategy with the given cards within said parameters.

I would rather see a shard that could be used as silence, but for quantum. I have no idea how to make such a shard though, or how it should work.

Offline hell7fire1

• hell7fire1 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg436790#msg436790
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2011, 07:55:32 pm »
I wonder what this would be like upgraded.
Also,this,in a way, makes BHTm :gravity ltd way more effective,
and it also makes QTTm...er,other ltd more effective,not to mention SNTm :entropy ltd more useful.
With a max of 10 quanta(fully effective) those steals would seem eternally blessed.

Offline onnig

• onnig is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg447224#msg447224
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2012, 07:27:21 am »
Does this effect (reduced cap) apply to the total quanta or individually for each element?

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Shard of Conscience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32132.msg447265#msg447265
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2012, 12:43:46 pm »
It is a shard which for me relies too much on changing 'the rules' of the game. Is directly interfering with the parameters we are given, instead of trying to make a strategy with the given cards within said parameters.
Do you think the same about Shard of Void, Shard of Divinity and Stone Skin?

imo there will be many more aether - darknedd decks, specially ninja pests.

Does this effect (reduced cap) apply to the total quanta or individually for each element?
Before 1.3: each element has a maximum of 75 quantum each.
After 1.3: each element's quanta cap is reduced by the specifications of the card.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

blarg: