*Author

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1120295#msg1120295
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2014, 10:16:26 pm »
Also vulnerable to magic damage, but really, what shield isn't?

Offline laelin

• Reputation Power: 2
  • laelin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1136352#msg1136352
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 09:06:20 pm »
Ok I know the shield is balanced. Just thought I say that before I go spewing my opinions and have crap loads of people spewing facts back at me. but here are my thoughts.

1. having a potential of 18 turns of immunity to physical damage is a lot. It's so much that if I didn't just read the forum rules I might describe it using much more colorful language.
2. 6/5 quanta cost for a shield that only last three turns is a lot as well.

These are two user friendly problems and opponent friendly problems that I think I have an idea for. Instead of 3 turns per shield, make it 2. Instead of 6/5 quanta, make it 4/3. And lastly to buff the shield up so that users of the shield don't feel too cheated, make the shield immortal that way it feels right at home with the rest of the Aether element.

P.S. Here's a fun little idea to try. Take a graviton salvager and immortalize. Take a Pulverizer and immortalize it. play a dimensional shield and on the last turn destroy the shield with your pulvy and then realize what I just realized by reading the description on the salvager that this strategy doesn't work and you just wasted a lot of time making a deck centered around this idea. Come on "Elements," this should totally be allowed, I don't actually think its overpowered at all.
A fickle mind's fiend's foe is his friend; As is the enemy of his villain. But a fickle mind's fiend is his ego; And it's foe is the feeling of being alone.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1136378#msg1136378
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:45 pm »
To above suggestion:
The overpoweredness
I can't even
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline laelin

• laelin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1136415#msg1136415
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2014, 02:11:00 am »
yeah you don't have to explain, somebody else already did so for you. It is overpowered I understand why now. Honestly PS is probably good right where it is now.
A fickle mind's fiend's foe is his friend; As is the enemy of his villain. But a fickle mind's fiend is his ego; And it's foe is the feeling of being alone.

Offline MasN

• Reputation Power: 3
  • MasN is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Intrinskly Prismatic
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1136563#msg1136563
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
IMO unupped should cost 4 and last 2. upped is fine.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1136855#msg1136855
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2014, 07:06:57 pm »
Actually, I favor the shield lasting 2 turns for both unupped and upped, and the cost being adjusted to compensate. But a cost increase works too.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline haidao0923

• haidao0923 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements Master
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1145361#msg1145361
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »
Fighting Level 3 the NPC keep using this shield while dealing heavy damage with dragons it totally amazing and can shield up to 18 turns!!!
█████████████████████$!@ME@!$██████████████████████
What is an Elements Master? Having all the Nymph? Having all the Shard? Having every rare card combine? NO!!! To become an Elements Master you need to wield in your hand the power of these ▬▬>:entropy :death :fire :water :light :air :time :aether

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1145389#msg1145389
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 02:51:55 am »
Fighting Level 3 the NPC keep using this shield while dealing heavy damage with dragons it totally amazing and can shield up to 18 turns!!!
Yes, but be careful! In PvP and Arena you will face a lot of decks that counter a simple monoaether with 6 shields in 30 cards, and only a few false gods can lose against it.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline MasterofPun

• MasterofPun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Strategist
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1225176#msg1225176
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2016, 10:02:30 pm »
All I can say is I LOVE stealing these with my  :darkness deck. Invincibility for 3 turns while I steal your mana and regen my health? YES PLEASE!!
A tryhard strategist that strives to think outside the box as HARD AS POSSIBLE.
Very tryhard.
A hard thinker.
A Bible-believer that loves to answer questions.

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Dimensional Shield | Phase Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.msg1232324#msg1232324
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2016, 12:30:04 pm »
All I can say is I LOVE stealing these with my  :darkness deck. Invincibility for 3 turns while I steal your mana and regen my health? YES PLEASE!!

And I LOVE utilizing the 3 turns of not being able to attack to use my Shard of Patience since I can't attack anyway.
(Unless my opponent uses Parallel Universe on my buffed Arctic Dragon)
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

anything
blarg: